SUMMARY: Manage operations across all Premier Physicians Medical Group physician offices. Develop, plan and organize all day-to-day activities of the clinical offices. Responsible for managing daily operations related to patient care in line with clinical practice standards, and established policies and procedures. Direct, supervise and coordinate office staff and activities to provide quality and effective patient care.
Foster effective and courteous communication with physicians, staff, Monarch support team, vendors and administration on all related matters to clinical operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Manage daily operations of Premier Physicians Medical Group offices and coordinate the offices’ work activities and schedules.
2. Assist Executive Director and Medical Director in developing and implementing the strategic long- and short-term plans.
3. Represent office locations and interact with regulatory agencies and other professional and community groups.
4. Maintain compliance with established governmental regulations, health care industry requirements/standards, policies and procedures, safety, environmental and infection control, and codes and requirements of accreditation agencies.
5. Enhance operational effectiveness of Premier offices, emphasizing high-quality patient care and cost effectiveness.
6. Provide direct supervision of office staff, ensuring highest quality patient care. Serve as key problem-solving resource for staff on operational issues.
7. Study patient needs/trends and suggest solutions to on-going patient care problems.
8. Compile and analyze data on patient care experience, quality, performance, and productivity and prepare reports for administration.
9. Analyze staffing patterns and collaborate with Executive Director and Human Resources in the recruiting, selection, orientation/training, development and evaluation of Community-Based office staff. Ensure office staff is appropriately trained and developed.
10. Develop and implement operating policies and procedures, quality assurance plans and work standards in line with Premier Physicians’ mission, goals and objectives.
11. Ensure efficient and responsive patient flow systems in all Premier Physician offices.
12. Oversee office and medical supply inventory; ensure timely processing and follow-up on all office correspondence.
13. Establish and ensure adherence of all office to opening and closing procedures.
14. Ensure compliance with departmental and Monarch HealthCare policies and procedures, and participate on internal committees as required.
15. Work collaboratively with NextGen project team, Executive Director, physicians and staff to define and implement best practice for NextGen EPM. Utilize the NextGen Practice Management System to provide oversight of billing and claims items related to the operations of the practice and analyze the performance of the practice, including scheduling, billing, claims, front office duties, and system reporting.
16. Meet with physicians, managers, and administrators as needed to discuss operational matters.
17. Assist the Executive Director with the implementation of best practice policies and guidelines.
18. Actively participate in planning and administration of Premier Physicians budget as assigned. Provide detailed projections and reports as required for development and management of budget.
19. Attend relevant seminars and professional association meetings to ensure compliance with professional standards. Establish and maintain an active network of professional contacts.
20. Regular and consistent attendance.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or equivalent experience; 5 to 8 years of progressive practice management experience; 5 to 8 years managerial/supervisory experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum 3 to 4 years knowledge of insurance and medical terminology, ICD-9. CPT. HCPCS coding, collections, and federal and state laws governing medical compliance. Prior experience working with a electronic health records and billing system up to and including data and vendor management.
SUPERVISORY SKILLS: 5 to 8 years prior experience managing employees both on and offsite. Provide employee performance and skill development feedback and guidance, including performance evaluations, mentoring, performance improvement plans including terminations.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as
probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Budget preparation and fiscal management. Able to gather complex data, compile usable information and prepare reports that are understandable by members of the organization. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Use sound, independent judgment to manage confidential information. Clearly communicate medical information to professional practitioners and/or the general public. Strong management skills. Computer proficient in Microsoft Office products (e.g. Outlook, Word, and Excel), and electronic health records software programs. Able to work in a fast-paced environment. Must hold and maintain a current/valid California Driver’s License.
Monarch HealthCare - 2 years ago
Monarch HealthCare is a medical group of over 1900 independent Orange County physicians in private practice, dedicated to practicing medicin...