Reports to Manager, Finance & Analysis. The analyst will provide analytic, financial planning, and strategic support to select operating areas (see below) and Finance management.
• Prepare and manage the long-term revenue plans and budgets primarily for Domestic Affiliate Revenue
• Support the Finance and Domestic Network Distribution in the negotiation of domestic affiliate distribution deals.
• Participate in the analysis of annual rate increase.
• Analyze the profitability of specific campaign promotions (i.e., determining subscriber investment and ROI).
• Research industry trends and technologies, and forecast industry metrics that affect HBO’s distribution business.
• Perform and create ad-hoc analyses and presentations for Time Warner Corporate.
• Bachelor’s degree with work experience in financial, quantitative, or analytical role. Experience in media and entertainment is a plus.
• Proven creative problem-solving and quantitative skills. A strategic thinker who is also proficient in modeling in-depth analyses from the ground up using Excel.
• Effective communication and solid presentation skills.
• Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
It's HBO SM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO ® and Cinemax ® . HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GO SM and MAX GO SM , as well as HBO On Demand ® and Cinemax On Demand ® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and...