Boulder County's Department of Housing and Human Services (DHHS) is accepting applications for the position of Community Educator. The person in this position will generate positive behavioral change and growth for adults experiencing mid to high level barriers to employment by delivering curricula through group coaching and facilitation that generates empowerment, knowledge, and belief. The Community Educator will lead groups on a four-week journey through daily group coaching and facilitation in the areas of job readiness, life skills, and money management skills.
This is a term position with an anticipated duration of 15 months with continued funding likely.
Examples of Duties:
• Co-lead and/or lead group workshops through coaching and facilitation methods 3-4 days per week for 4-8 hours per day for approximately 6 – 15 at-risk adult students. Will typically work with students for an average four-weeks.
• Workshop topics include, but are not limited to: Goal Setting, Emotional Regulation, Interpersonal Effectiveness, Mindfulness, Distress Tolerance, Working in Teams, Budgeting, Time Management, Resume and Cover Letter Building through Optimal Resume (computer program), and Communication in the Workplace.
• Foster safe, fun, charismatic, and interactive learning environment for adult students.
• Work within a dynamic, fast-paced, growing team of community educators.
• Set up/tear down for workshops.
• Provide input and feedback on program curricula; develop curricula as directed.
• Assist Community Education team with outcomes measurement to illustrate impact of workshops.
• Assist with the development of future on-line learning programs.
• Work with admin support to order/create workshop materials and supplies.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a related field.
(Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling, or closely related field preferred.)
Experience: Two (2) years of professional experience in a related program.
Two (2) years of group coaching/facilitation preferred.
Additional related education may count towards required experience.
• Exceptionally strong group coaching and facilitation skills.
• Solid technical skills; ability to acclimate quickly to new databases, including the online learning system; strong experience/knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; ability to accurately and efficiently enter outputs and outcomes data and run related reporting as needed.
• Flexibility and adaptability; open to working "non-traditional" (evening, weekend) hours; working in different office-site locations; strong time management and organizational skills required.
• Extremely strong ability to multitask and work in a "fast paced" environment.
• Strong initiative; seeks out new tasks and opportunities.
• Excellent team player with an ability to work autonomously.
• Self-directed, uses and trusts judgment.
Job offer is contingent on passing a criminal background check.
Veterans are encouraged to apply for Boulder County jobs that match their education and experience.
Primarily sedentary physical work requiring ability to lift a maximum of 40 pounds; occasional lifting, carrying, walking and standing; frequent hand/eye coordination to operate computer keyboard and office equipment; vision for reading, recording and interpreting information; speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and members of the public.
From "Dictionary of Occupational Titles", U.S. Dept of Labor:
Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time.
Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time.
Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time.
Boulder County, CO - 10 months ago