Responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes safety and well being of all patients in the assigned department (s). Plans, directs, coordinates and evaluates the overall clinical nursing practice, daily functioning and management of the Inpatient/Eval Beds/OR/CSR Department. Responsible for the fiscal, material and human resource management of the department(s) as well as other administrative duties as assigned. Participates in the development and implementation of hospital policies and procedures, maintains interdepartmental and intradepartmental communication. Maintains open communication with department staff to facilitate performance improvement. Exceptional leadership skills, knowledge of nursing practice and knowledge of regulatory requirements are necessary for this position. Applies age specific considerations and cultural diversity when rendering patient care. Supports Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation’s mission statement.
- Minimum Education: Must have completed a program of education in nursing from an NLN approved institution. BSN, Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) or Master’s degree in a health care related field preferred.
- Minimum Experience: Minimum of two (2) years of progressive nursing management experience with three years of clinical nursing experience preferred
- License, Certification, Registration: In addition, must be licensed in good standing in the State of Alaska as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN). Current BLS, ACLS, PALS, or successful to completion within 3 months of hire. The successful candidate will be required to pass and maintain competencies for this position.
- Equipment/Tools/Word-Aids: Office machines (i.e., multi-line telephone, copy machine, fax machine, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Specialize Knowledge and Skills:
- Requires knowledge of regulatory agency standards related to health care organizations. Cognitive and technical knowledge required with the ability to manage care across the continuum of care. Must be flexible with work schedule and possess the ability for independent actions within prescribed limits.
- Knowledge of budgets, reimbursements, coding, claims processing and fiscal management desired. The successful candidate will be required to pass and maintain competencies for this position.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to work in patient care setting.
- Knowledge of psychiatric patients (Title 47).
- Knowledge of coding and billing for Title 47 patients
- Knowledge of Non-Violent Crisis Intervention tactics.
- Knowledge of OR procedures including pre-op, intra-operative, and recovery care of OR patients.
- Ability to take call for OR as conditions warrant.
- Language SKILLS: Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Theoretical knowledge of the nursing process, care management, and continuity of care.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent draw and interpret bar graphs, and maintain a computer, database.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
YKHC exercises Federal Law (PL 93-638), which allows American Indian/Alaska Native preference in hiring for all positions.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
907-543-6060 or 1-800-478-3321 ext 6060
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation - 18 months ago