NOTE #1 - This position is classified under the Hotel/Casino structure for payroll and health & welfare benefits. If you are considered for a position, you will be required to participate in all of the Hotel/Casino selection processes including a background security check and drug/alcohol testing.
NOTE #2 - Cirque du Soleil cannot process immigration paperwork for this position therefore candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
Reporting to the Head of Automation:
Responsible for working as part of the automations team to install, maintain and operate automated show elements and systems in a safe and consistent manner . You will work as an automation console operator and assist with strategies for a safe working environment at all times.
All other duties as assigned by the Head of Automation.
- Competently assemble, construct, maintain and operate all automations equipment as needed for training, special events, rehearsals and performances.
- Learn and operate automation cues consistently and diligently during performances.
- Assist with the automation of stage equipment including all other technical departments and Stage Management.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of all automation equipment specific to “O” in order to operate and maintain mechanized and manual equipment safely.
- Assist with the establishment of a safe working environment at all times and conform to all safety standards.
- Available and flexible for day work schedules, work calls, special events, rehearsal, training, maintenance and evening show performances.
- Participate in the regular, thorough and diligent inspection of all installations.
- Assist with the automation department documentation to ensure it is current and formally recorded to preserve the original intention of the designers.
- Participate in the documentation of all system and show cue changes and keep a log of all maintenance and regular inspections.
- Under the supervision of the Head of Automations, ensure that equipment and supplies are stocked in sufficient quantity to ensure the ongoing needs of the production.
- Participate in special projects including the research, purchase and installation of specialty automation related gear.
- Attend to maintenance and inspection of all automation systems, automated equipment, aircraft cable, fall arrest, rescue operations, on a regular schedule to ensure thorough, timely scrutiny of all gear within the automations area.
- Assist with the preservation of the on going; long term “opening night” quality and artistic integrity of the production.
You should have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of three years' experience operating and maintaining motion control systems and/or theater experience with large-scale productions
- Training in PLC operations, electric and motorized equipment repair and electrical systems an asset.
- Strong computer knowledge required
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Fluency in English
Las Vegas (USA)
Feb 20, 2013, 7:19:56 PM
Mar 7, 2013, 2:59:59 AM
Cirque du Soleil - 20 months ago
Cirque du Soleil ("Circus of the Sun") is a Canadian entertainment company, self-described as a "dramatic mix of circus arts...