ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, STATE & LOCAL GOVERNMENT SALES
Novell, an Attachmate Group company
Flexible location – Territory: TX, NM, KS, MO, OK, AR, LA
We are seeking an experienced sales executive responsible for selling into key state and local government accounts across an assigned territory and across these three brands of SUSE, Novell and NetIQ. The majority of these accounts will be significant existing customers.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating relationships with key decision-makers in driving revenue opportunities within these organizations. You will work at the highest levels within the client to identify opportunities to properly position NetIQ, Novell and SUSE products and services in addressing the client's software needs. You will manage the support renewal process and ensure client satisfaction with existing products while driving upgrades and new product purchases.
As an account executive, you will work closely with our technical presales experts in developing appropriate responses to the clients' needs and in helping pave the way for our solutions. You will develop strong internal relationships and marshal them to address the customer's needs. You will understand strategic account management and oversee the accounts in your portfolio to achieve sales, coverage and customer satisfaction objectives.
You will work with partners (integrators, distributors, resellers) in both developing and delivering business within your client base.
- Develop a clear vision for the direction of the customer's/client's business and be invited to act in an advisory capacity.
- Identify, qualify, propose, and close major opportunities with assigned accounts.
- Position The Attachmate Group for long-term success through identifying and closing deals that generate substantial immediate revenue. Acquire new customers within that targeted account base and expand our footprint within existing accounts.
- Oversee the renewal process and seek to gain greater revenues from the customer base.
- Generate proposals for creative integrated solutions from multiple service lines.
- Meet and exceed quarterly and yearly software sales targets
- Work closely with partners in identifying appropriate business opportunities
- Strong background in strategic account selling in a software firm
- Experience operating at the highest selling level within state and local government accounts
- Ability to manage a large portfolio to meet sales quotas
- Ability to appropriately gather the correct technical and business resources to win customer deals
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Novell - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard