Field Marketing Manager
Do you love the thrill of helping to create large, new clients? Do you get a charge out of knowing that your marketing programs have had a significant impact on revenue? Are you able to think like a marketer AND a salesperson to influence the entire business development process? Have a creative mind and also a strong ability to multi-task on projects? Then this position at Globoforce is for you!
The Field Marketing Manager will work with our field sales team to help them leverage marketing campaigns, events and resources to build their sales pipeline. In this role, you will partner very closely with the sales team to help them generate leads, uncover opportunities and influence existing deals – predominantly within their pre-defined, target accounts. You will work closely with other members of the marketing team to collaborate on the development of programs and campaigns, and then match and apply those assets to the needs of each sales territory for optimal impact on demand generation.
This full-time position is based in Southborough, MA and reports to the Director, Marketing Programs. Globoforce is the leading, global provider of employee recognition solutions that help our clients strategically align performance and behaviors with organizational values to help achieve organizational goals. Our easy-to-use, award-winning, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform transforms the way companies engage, motivate and energize their workforces around the world.
Roles & Responsibilities
Qualifications & Experience
- Partner with the field sales team to develop territory-level marketing plans that help the sales team achieve their new bookings quota, especially within their named, target accounts
- Leverage the campaigns, national events and tools created by the marketing department to the maximum benefit of each field sales representative
- Develop new campaigns, as needed, that are geared specifically towards engaging target accounts
- Select, plan and manage Globoforce’s participation in regional events, including regional tradeshows, local industry chapter meetings and Globoforce-hosted seminars
- Gather intelligence on target accounts, including account profiles, relevant business needs and new contacts
- Provide feedback from the “front lines” to the rest of marketing, as well, as management, on areas such as sales team’s needs, competition and industry trends
- Measure and analyze the results of field marketing, in order to continually refine programs for optimal ROI
- Work with counterparts at Globoforce’s partner companies on joint marketing activities, as well to foster collaboration and co-prospecting between local sales teams
- Coordinate with key stakeholders across the organization to provide communication, training and support for the effective launch of marketing programs to the field sales team
Desired Skills & Attributes
- 5-7 years of marketing experience in a demand generation capacity, including 2-3 years in field marketing
- Experience marketing within a B2B, enterprise-level sales model
- Proven success in collaborating with sales teams on programs that drove new revenue and accelerated pipeline
- Strong track record of planning and executing campaigns that have had a quantifiable impact on the sales pipeline
- Proficient skills in utilizing marketing tools, including CRM (Salesforce) and marketing automation (Marketo)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, to serve as the liaison between sales and headquarters
- Demonstrated ability to work in dynamic, fast-paced, team environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- 25-50% travel is expected
- Past sales experience a big plus!
- Self-starter who is always looking to strategically push the envelope
- Strong ability to multi-task while keeping priorities in the proper order
- High energy and positive “can do" attitude
- Solid project management skills with keen attention to details
- Thick skin” to deal with the dynamic nature of a high-pressure, fast-moving organization