Senior Web Administrator; Design, Build, and Support Web Applications in various products, tomcat, JBoss, Web Logic, Cold Fusion, IIS, PHP, etc. |
· Perform independently and provides functions in support of the Java EE environment and the associated applications in a 24x7 stacked environment.
· Be able to independently engineer, analyze, and support complex web applications
· Ability to effectively communicate within and across functional support teams:
o Must be able to clearly and concisely explain complex details to Tier 3 development
o Manage production impacting events
o Coordinate infrastructure changes (upgrades, patches, maintenance, etc.)
· Ability to perform application deployments using release management tools (i.e. Dimensions, Ant and various shell scripting)
- Linux (Red Hat) AS 5.x, administration, commands and utilities
- UNIX (Solaris)
- Windows Server 2008
- Oracle/BEA Web logic Server and Portal (10.x) in a Java EE Linux environment
- JBOSS EAP and EWS administration, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Apache Web Server 2.2 administration, configuration, and troubleshooting
- DotNet Framework 3.5/4 – IIS 7/7.5 admin, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Tomcat 5.5/6.0, Service Mix 4.x, Php 5.2.x, Informatica 9.1, Cold Fusion 8, WebSphere
- General understanding of Tibco and/or MQ messaging; installation and troubleshooting
- Remedy BMC Patrol
- Configuration management and service catalogs
Site Scope, JON, SCOM
- Configuration proficiency with availability monitoring for web applications:
· Perl, ksh, bsh, PowerShell
General office Microsoft Office tools including SharePoint
- Mid-level network troubleshooting and administration
- Jython/Python, Groovy/Gradle,
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
CenturyLink - 18 months ago
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services...