The ideal applicant will have moderate to extensive culinary experience, be able to work 8 hour shifts, work days and/or evenings and be flexible as to daily job modalities. Applicants must be strong team players and have an acute sense and passion for Patient & Customer Service. Applicants must comfortable with daily , front line customer contact and be able to learn new skills within the Department . Standard working conditions include working with all hot and cold food production disciplines . Must be able to self start, follow direction and be goal oriented . Must be able to work weekends, days, evenings and holidays.
Prepares and cooks all meals for patients, staff, and visitors guests of the Medical Center, including special events.
1. Actively demonstrates the organization's mission and core values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values.
2. Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety and medical information.
3. Reviews daily preparation sheets.
4. Procures necessary foods to fulfill menus.
5. Prepares food according to recipes and times prescribed. Pan and display for prescribed use. Dates and labels all items prepped or opened to be stored/refrigerated. Takes and records temperature before serving.
6. Check and records cooler and freezer temperatures at beginning and end of shift. Locks cooler and freezers at the end of the night. Keeps coolers in proper order. Rotates product to keep from spoiling.
7. Coordinates over production to best utilization.
8. Keeps work area and equipment clean.
9. Checks menu for the following day to ensure all items are available and, if not, report shortage to Lead Cook or Director.
10. Assists in food preparation for special events.
11. Works tray line in serving position for breakfast and supper.
12. Assists with Patient Meal tray delivery when required.
13. Perform other duties as assigned by Lead Cook.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
Education: Ability to read, write and make mathematical calculations.
Experience: Two years experience in institutional volume cooking.
Other Job Requirements: Adheres to policies and procedures of SJRMC. Attends department meetings. Maintains a professional appearance. Treats the customer in a friendly manner, meeting the customer's needs. Maintain open communication with all staff and customers. Report all accidents or incidents promptly.
Assigned hours within your shift, starting time, or days of work are subject to change based on departmental and/or organizational needs.
St. Joseph Hospital of Orange is a values-based Catholic healthcare provider with a tradition of and commitment to excellence based, on the...