Oshkosh Corporation is a leading manufacturer and marketer of access equipment, specialty vehicles and truck bodies for the primary markets of defense, concrete placement, refuse hauling, access equipment and fire & emergency. Founded in 1917, Oshkosh Corporation has manufacturing operations in nine U.S. states and in Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Mexico, The Netherlands, and Romania. The company currently employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide.
Oshkosh Corporation is a Fortune 350, multi-billion dollar company. Oshkosh Corporation designs and builds the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Oshkosh Corporation is looking for a Senior Oracle DBA to join a growing internal Oracle support team.
This position requires the ability to:
- Operate at a senior level proficiency in analysis, administration, database tuning, and SQL tuning
- Provide technical consulting in the definition, design, and creation of a database environment
- Experience using Oracle DB utilities and working relationships with application support teams to monitor, analyze and improve environment and application performance and stability.
- Provide customer production and developer support
- Support medium scale production database applications on multiple operating systems
- Ensure that documentation is complete and up-to-date
- Lead small to medium size projects and staff
Business analysis and basic project management skills are required. Position will support business departments and systems. Should be able to independently resolve problems, proactively communicate, and manage projects with some supervision. The security risk level for this position is high; therefore, the incumbent may be subject to additional background screening requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Install, configure, and maintain database software system components and services.
Administration, troubleshooting and configuration of Oracle Database backups using RMAN
Utilize tools to monitor performance and space requirement considerations
Work closely with outside vendors, other database staff and IT team members to design, test, and maintain databases
Manage small to medium projects or participate in a variety of projects through the entire project lifecycle
Hands-on database development experience
Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested
- Associates degree in Information Systems or related field with at least 8+ years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field with at least 3+ years of related experience
- Installation, configuration, patching, cloning and upgrading Oracle 10g & 11g on Linux and Windows
- Experience in Backup and Recovery procedures (RMAN)
- Oracle, SQLPLUS, and PL/SQL skills that include a thorough understanding of packages, stored procedures, functions, triggers, and SQL tuning
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Oracle RAC, ASM, Grid Control, data pump and Data Guard
- Perl / Bash Scripting
- Oracle Professional Certification
- Familiarity with Oracle JDE Edwards EntepriseOne
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all employees and applicants. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation is also a federal contractor which takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, disabled veterans, and veterans of the Vietnam era. Any employee or applicant for employment who is qualified under the applicable regulations will be covered under our affirmative action program by providing this information to the Company. Submission of this information is voluntary, will be kept confidential, and is not a requirement for employment.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
Oshkosh Corporation - 20 months ago