This position will be responsible for the design, planning and implementation of Linux and Windows based Operating Systems in support of new business initiatives. Predominately this will encompass applications running in a private virtual cloud. The associate will work closely with infrastructure, network, database and application teams to create a virtual server solution that supports the requirements of various business applications.
Qualifications:Required Skills/ Experience:
Desired, but not required Skills/ Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in supporting Linux Operating Systems (RHEL, CENTOS, Fedora)
- 3+ years of experience in supporting Windows Operating Systems (Windows Server 2003, 2008)
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience configuring multi-tier, web-based applications
- Expert level analytical, diagnostic and technical skills
- Excellent listening skills with a proven ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Self starter that can work independently with little supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work in a large enterprise across diverse functional groups
- 3+ years of scripting experience (Bash, Perl, PHP, Java Script)
- 2+ years of experience with virtualization hypervisors (XEN preferred)
- Work with project managers, department heads and team members to determine project approaches, parameters and priorities.
- Design and document system infrastructure within the defined technical direction
- Communicate design options and costs to the Requestor and Infrastructure Leadership
- Communicate plans, status, and issues to management
- Install and configure an enterprise Linux environment
- Provide senior-level expertise and consultation regarding system configuration and quality
- Keep abreast of technical developments to ensure we are able to take advantage of industry advances
- Develop and foster strong working relationships with clients and staff
Sears - 21 months ago
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...