Integrated Defense Systems and Services (IDSS), a business unit of DRS Technologies, Inc. is a best-in-class developer of advanced electronic systems and other military technologies to support the warfighter and peacekeeper. Headquartered in Rockville, Md., the company is composed of seven lines of business with annual revenues of $1.3 billion. Our more than 3,700 employees around the globe include a number of committed IDSS staff working side-by-side in theater with American and Allied soldiers. IDSS provides products, services and systems integration in the areas of intelligence and sensor technologies, security, cyber, sonar, communications, electronic warfare, training systems, satellite communications, avionics, control systems and unmanned technologies. For additional information on IDSS, please visit our website at www.drs.com .
DRS Company Overview
DRS Technical Services, Inc. successfully delivers quality systems and services to CONUS and overseas units. Our systems solutions encompass broad data distribution networks and complex telecommunications systems for data, voice and video applications over integrated satellite, terrestrial, and wireless networks. Our proven service history of engineering, installing, operating and maintaining innovative, low-risk, and cost-effective communications resources illustrates our commitment to supporting military, commercial, and relief efforts at home and around the globe.
Job Location: Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD
Title: Network Integration Engineer
(R23G096 – Telecommunications Specialist)
The successful candidate will be able to apply their engineering skills in a team environment through the design and implementation of telecommunications systems and networks for the Intelligence Information Warfare Directorate (I2WD), Program Management RITE Office. The candidate will be involved in network design, evaluating and designing terrestrial and space based communications paths and architectures, assist in the preparation of drawings and technical reports and participate in technical meetings with customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide engineering support for complex design, test and evaluation, integration, and analysis of TCP/IP based LAN/MAN/WAN networks using a variety of cabled and wireless media
- Quantitatively analyze the effectiveness of Wi-Fi and WiMAX and 3G cellular protocols and implementations using signal analysis equipment
- Use TCP/IP stack protocol analyzers to troubleshoot link state issues
- Design test plans and procedures as part of the systems engineering process to ensure performance goals are met
- Exercise independent thinking, creativity, and initiative in the performance of these duties
Basic Qualifications (including education and years of experience required)
- Must possess experience in communications software, hardware or networks
- CCNP, equivalent or higher
- 4 to 6 years of technical experience in the design and implementation of communications systems
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate technical topics to clients, team members and management
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Strong problem solving / troubleshooting skills
- Must possess at a minimum active secret clearance with eligibility to hold a TS SCI level clearance
Additional Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of network system architecture and system implementation
- Proficiency using computer assisted engineering, design, and drafting software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code, Occupational Safety and Health required in the design and layout of telecommunication systems and relevant industry standards (EIA / TIA / BICSI)
- CompTIA Network + or Security+ certification
- Proficiency with Microsoft Visio Professional
Physical Requirements (lifting, walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, etc.)
- Must be willing and capable of deploying into hazardous regions and capable meeting the current U.S. government physical and medical standards required for deploying contractors to hazardous areas
DRS Defense Solutions, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. IND
DRS Technologies - 17 months ago
DRS Technologies has zeroed in on its target -- to be the fastest growing defense company in the world. It offers mission-critical products...