Each day, FedEx delivers a wide array of transportation, e-commerce, and business solutions to millions of customers around the globe. In order to deliver on the promise to make every FedEx experience outstanding, it is crucial to utilize top-notch services and bring together more than 290,000 of the best people available to deliver on that customer promise.
Want a career that can go the distance? Recently recognized as a well-established company that values people regardless of background and fosters growth, FedEx was included on the following lists in 2011:
FedEx also recognizes that true success means taking care of the people that our drive business results. By living out a company-wide foundation of people-service-profit (PSP), FedEx understands that in an age of increasing automation and technological advances, great people are still at the heart of our success. The right people deliver great service and this produces better profits.
- CNN Money’s Global 500
- Fortune Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies
- Black Enterprise Magazine’s 40 Best Companies for Diversity
This is all a result of having top-performing employees with an absolutely, positively spirit ready to deliver on the FedEx promise of quality.
If you’re looking to be part of that talent with terrific benefits, competitive pay and a ton of developmental opportunity, don’t wait any longer!
Click ‘apply now’ and tell us more about yourself today!
This position may be located in Brookfield, WI, Pittsburgh, PA and Memphis, TN.
Assumes revenue management analytics, revenue optimization and business process engineering roles for the FedEx enterprise portfolio of services. Under minimal supervision, provides quantitative & qualitative pricing analysis, financial analysis, economic forecasting, competitive intelligence, market segmentation and other trends in support of the organization’s long range global revenue management. Leads projects and implements key tactics that support global revenue management strategies.
1. Key contributor to analyzing business problems of medium to high complexity and preparing relevant recommendations for senior management. Generates computer aided quantitative and statistical business analysis related to revenue analytics, revenue optimization and network analytics, customer segmentation science and competitive/market analysis in support of the organization’s long range revenue management strategies. Provides complex financial analysis with a strong understanding of finance principles.
2. Develops advanced tools, scientific models and statistical reports to track, analyze, optimize and forecast FedEx revenues, yields and economic impact by customer group/product/country, etc.
3. Develops and manages decision support systems for supporting the above in appropriate and advanced computer languages (e.g., SAS, C, SQL), RDBMS, OLAP tools or optimization software packages (e.g. CPLEX).
4. Develops project plans and timelines and coordinates project plans with other team members with manager's guidance. Drives Business process engineering projects requiring collaboration with IT to engineer end-to-end applications using process engineering techniques and software development paradigms (SDLC, BPM, Waterfall, Agile, etc.). As team leader of certain projects, ensures projects are complete, accurate, and on time, as well as frequently updating manager on progress of projects. Assists in creation of product development and program management roadmaps.
5. Prepares and develops all the above for senior management [typically within the VP organization]. Incorporates senior management input at manager's guidance and seeks input at critical milestones.
6. Determines go-to-market plans related to customer channels, sales channels, markets, products and specific target customers in support of Revenue Management strategies.
7. Mentors and trains professionals in less senior positions within the team on quantitative data analysis and business analysis.
8. Demonstrates excellence in (i) computer aided modeling and decision support (utilize computer languages or packages to analyze data and generate reports, presentations or insights in business, mathematics, economics, computer science, or other quantitative field such as engineering/operations research), (ii) SAS or SQL or C or other advanced programming language and (iii) UNIX or RDBMS.
9. Representative on cross-functional & cross-regional projects to understand pricing & revenue management science/analytics and engineering requirements across enterprise.
Master’s Degree in business, finance/economics, computer science, mathematics, operations research, or other quantitative fields such as engineering. 2 years work experience in business, finance/economics, operations, computer science, mathematics, operations research or related field in an analytical, quantitative or technical role such as engineering. Working experience in advanced programming languages, UNIX or RDBMS. 1 year work experience in computer aided decision support (utilize computer languages or packages to analyze data and generate reports, presentations or insights in business, mathematics, economics, computer science, or other quantitative field such as engineering/operations research), SQL, SAS, C or other advanced programming language. Strong human relations, communications, and analytical skills. More advanced degrees may offset experience requirements.
FedEx Corporation (FedEx)provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies that compete...