GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsibilities include: The Regional Procurement Manager - SBC, will manage, oversee, review and analyze all procurement, sourcing, expediting and logistics activities and actively participate in global sourcing and/or activities on behalf of Barrick’s North American Regional Business Unit. This position will interface with mine personnel, suppliers, and vendors to increase the cost effectiveness of purchasing, transportation and logistics management of these activities for the Company.
- Enhance and proactively manage the Barrick Safety Culture
- Manage the overall sourcing, supplier management and logistical aspects of central buying and day-to-day purchasing activities on behalf of the site operations
- Develop sourcing standards and automation of purchasing and buying activities
- Provide functional guidance to operations – (materials management, procurement, asset recovery, warehouse and logistics)
- Manage forward purchasing agreements
- Manage and Maintain Vendor Master Files
- Assist in the development of Regional Supply Chain policies, strategies and initiatives and ensure alignment and compliance with Global Policies and strategies.
- Develop and Maintain Barrick’s relationship with key suppliers and engage suppliers regularly to educate and integrate them into Barrick’s life of mine plans and supply chain efforts.
- Identify cost savings and efficiency improvements in supply chain processes and activities
- Coordinate the integration of supply chain into the efforts and implementation of the community relations management standard.
- Manage the Asset Recovery function – disposal of surplus and obsolete materials
- Provides direct supervision to Regional Building Coordinator
- Management of light duty vehicle program
- Leads the development and implementation of the procurement strategy for materials, parts and supplies
- Manages the SBC central warehouse and distribution center and Nevada couriers
- Ensure proper implementation of supply risk management and TCO practices.
- Develops and tracks key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Ensures compliance with all Barrick Policies, Standards, guidelines and procedures, Homeland security, code of conduct and business ethics….
- Represent supply chain and lead efforts on implementation of the Maintenance Management Standards
- Identifies, develops and fosters strategic supplier relationships.
- Develop and implement standardized global/regional best practices, systems and processes for sourcing, transactions, contracts, and supplier management.
- Provides training and professional development opportunities
- Provides input to the development of processes, ethics and supplier relationship management guidelines for Barrick
- Drive Barrick’s Continuous Improvement efforts into the North American Region’s supply chain management practices.
- Implement a talent strategy that attracts, develops and retains a highly effective supply chain team that provides subject matter expertise to the site and regional supply teams.
- Defines performance objectives for each team member including individual development plans that build strong succession pools
- Further establish and contribute to global cross-functional capital projects management teams
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: To be considered for this job, applicants must meet these basic requirements:
BARRICK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Accounting or a related field is preferred. Equivalent experience may be substituted.
- Masters in Business Administration is preferred
- C.P.M. (Certified Purchasing Manager) designation is preferred
- Minimum ten (10) years experience in supply chain and materials management in mining or heavy industry required
- Minimum five (5) years supervisory experience required
- Significant knowledge of the mining supply industry required
- Experience in purchasing, contracts, negotiations and development preferred
- Adheres to a core set of values, demonstrates high integrity and ethics along with building of trust required
- Drives innovative thinking required
- Possesses outstanding ability to plan, organize and execute required
- Strong written and verbal skills required
- Ability to implement strategies and actions through persuasion rather than authority required
- Strong computer literacy (Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio, Microsoft Projects) required
Barrick Gold Corporation - 10 months ago
In the world of mining, Barrick's name is golden. The company became the world's #1 gold producer (ahead of Newmont Mining and...