Person works under direction from the Security Director/Fire Safety Director. Individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Hours and shift coverage may change, OT from time to time to fill vacancy due to vacations, sick coverage as well as special events
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned on an as needed basis
Education and/or Experience
- Present a professional and courteous impression upon tenants and guests of the property.
- Responsible for the operation of the fire alarm system including making public address announcements
- Complete daily log book and incident reports as required
- Warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.
- Expels persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts and/ or notifies local law enforcement agency.
- Watches for and reports irregularities such as fire hazards and security doors left unlocked.
- Observes departing personnel to guard against theft of company property.
- Designated building evacuation officer.
- Permits authorized persons to enter property.
Computer Skills: Working knowledge of W2000, XP, Microsoft Office Word and Microsoft Office Excel.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must possess or obtain the following New York State licenses: Security Guard License. Local Law#5: FDNY Certificate. Certificates must be maintained as per Local /State code.
Drug Free Workplace
Special note to third party recruiters: Forest City Enterprises values its relationships with our vendor partners. Occasionally we invite third party recruiters to assist us in filling an open requisition, and resumes must be submitted only through our talent supplier portal by those firms authorized to present candidates to us. Currently we are not seeking assistance from any third party or contingency recruiters for this position, and any resumes sent via email, internet or any other means will be considered unsolicited and Forest City will not be responsible for placement fees.
Forest City Enterprises - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard