To increase the efficiency of the Pharmacy by assisting the Pharmacist to prepare prescriptions and maintain the Pharmacy department, as well as, provide the highest standards of customer service; to ensure the work shift contributes to the best financial interests of the store.
- Observe all store rules and company policies.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe company dress code regulations, enforcing grooming standards throughout the department.
- Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
- Be qualified, knowledgeable, able and prepared to perform all the duties required within the department.
- Ensure compliance with all State, County, and local weights and measures laws and labeling requirements.
- Gather and record information needed to fill prescriptions.
- File written prescription forms.
- Help Pharmacist prepare prescriptions by counting or pouring medications, labeling containers, and pricing prescriptions.
- Process insurance forms and verify payment.
- Maintain cleanliness of counter and work areas on a continuous basis.
- Take medication to shelves.
- Receive refill requests from patients over the phone.
- Obtain patient health information.
- Develop knowledge about over-the-counter drugs and answer customer questions in accordance with federal guidelines (Only Licensed Pharmacists may recommend over-the-counter drugs)
- Place completed prescriptions in the appropriate pick-up area.
- Ensure favorable department image to customers by maintaining a clean, attractive, and friendly department.
- Observe shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned.
- Plan and organize development plan including setting goals, prioritizing, and organizing tasks and developing appropriate time lines.
- Meet work schedule requirements consistently and punctually.
- Recognize company insurance programs.
- Demonstrate ability to operate computer system.
- Input data accurately into the pharmacy system.
- Adhere to all State and Federal guidelines concerning restrictions on drug and procedures.
- Understand yearly licensing procedure for State and send application to Board of Pharmacy to be processed.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness -Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Other Job Demands
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Basic math
- Seeing, Touch, Hearing
- Reading, speaking, and writing English
Previous Job Experience:
- Retail pharmacy experience preferred.
Kroger - 16 months ago