Part-time Starting Salary Range: $12.21.00 - $13.44.00/per hour* (non-negotiable)
- Compensation: The salary offered is usually the minimum listed, however, a salary above the minimum may be offered for some hard to fill positions. Employees hired into these positions are eligible for University benefits. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits program, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/pbs/.
The School of Medicine in the Hemophilia and Thrombosis Center is seeking to fill a part-time State of Colorado Administrative Assistant I position. This position is responsible for assisting a Pharmacy Technician with packing and unpacking supplies, scanning and indexing documents and entering data into an electronic and manual record keeping systems. Specific duties include scanning and indexing all Hemophilia and Thrombosis pharmacy documents for electronic storage; prepackaging patient supplies; assembling shipping boxes; preparing envelopes and mailers; assisting in unpacking shipments; tracking and restocking supplies and notifying Pharmacy Tech when new supplies are needed; stocking freezer with ice packs; disposing protected health information; completing and filing pharmacy paperwork; and labeling supplies and new patient charts. This position will be responsible for the cleanliness of the pharmacy and all shipping counters.
Additional Posting Description
Please include your current e-mail address on your application, as correspondence regarding this position will be electronic-based. The department cannot guarantee the successful delivery of e-mail. You will be notified of the status of your application within two weeks after the closing date of the announcement. If you do not receive information regarding the status of your application after this time, please contact Theresa Anderson at Theresa.email@example.com.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. VETERANS: Qualified veterans and surviving spouses are eligible for preference points. If you were honorably discharged and served during one of the periods for which the federal government awards veterans preference, please fax a DD214 and other supporting documents to 303-315-2721, Attn: consultant Theresa Anderson/Posting #820689. In order to receive preference points you must submit your DD214 by the closing date on the announcement.
Please be advised that the University does check references as part of the employment process, and selection committee members may choose to contact work references during the search process other than those listed in your application.
UCD is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Required Education/Experience/Skills (Minimum Qualifications)
One year of general clerical experience.
College, university or non-correspondence business school course work may substitute for the general clerical experience on a year-for-year basis.
Applications are accepted through the Jobs at CU website and hard copy, e-mailed or paper applications will not be accepted. You must apply by the closing date.
Colorado law requires that candidates for state government jobs be residents of Colorado at the time of application.
- Experience working in a research and/or health care setting and providing administrative support to pharmacy technicians and/or Health Care Professionals.
- Experience receiving and distributing materials and supplies.
- Experience creating and maintaining both electronic and manual filing systems.
- Experience entering and tracking data both with electronic and manual systems.
- Experience with mailing and shipping orders and working with FedEx.
- Experience scanning and indexing documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written form which includes the ability to check for typographical, grammatical and spelling errors.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Must possess a professional demeanor and have experience that demonstrates problem solving skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- The successful candidate will be detail oriented, self-motivated, a fast learner and possess excellent time management, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take direction to coordinate projects and meet multiple deadlines.
- Must possess knowledge and understanding of HIPAA rules and regulations.
**PLEASE READ ALL OF THE INFORMATION BELOW**
Your application will be reviewed by a qualified Human Resource Specialist and subject matter experts to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications and preferred qualifications listed in the announcement. PLEASE BE SURE YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS ARE COMPLETE AND THAT YOU DOCUMENT YOUR CURRENT AND PAST WORK EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS, AND HOW THAT DIRECTLY RELATES TO THIS POSITION AND ITS REQUIREMENTS. Provide thoughtful responses to any supplemental questions, as they will be used to assess your previous work experience. Applications are part of the comparative analysis (selection process) and will be used as part or all of the exam process to rank candidates. Comparative Analysis (Exam processes) will include one or both of the following:
You will be notified via email if the exam process changes or includes additional assessment tools other than those listed above.
- Application Assessment Exam based on the Preferred Qualifications listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated and rated against the preferred qualifications based on information submitted within their application materials). Note: Candidates are not physically present for this portion of the exam.
- Interview based on the job requirements, preferred qualifications and competencies listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated, scored and ranked based on interview responses).
In addition to the state application form, applicants must also submit a Cover Letter detailing why they are interested in the job and how their experience, education, and talents match the minimum and preferred qualifications. Resumes will be accepted for this position but will NOT be used as part of the assessment process in determining if an applicant has met the minimum qualifications listed in the announcement. Application materials will be used to assess your spelling, grammar and punctuation skills.
**Failure to include adequate information (INCLUDING SPECIFIC DATES AND HOURS WORKED) or follow instructions may affect your meeting minimum qualifications and score and prevent you from competing in subsequent measures used to arrive at a top group of applicants** Transfer and Reinstatement applications must go through the Comparative Analysis process.
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination.
Also, if you wish to challenge the comparative analysis process, including conduct or content of an examination, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice of elimination from consideration or knowledge of the action you are challenging. Scores and ranks are NOT appealable.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures are available at www.colorado.gov/spb.
A standard appeal form is available at: www.colorado.gov/spb. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 633 17th Street, Suite 1320, Denver, CO 80202-3604. Fax: 303-866-5038. Phone: 303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination.
These documents are required to be uploaded
These documents are optional to be uploaded
List of References
Number of recommendation provider email addresses required to be entered in application:
Job Posting Contact
Job Posting Contact Telephone
Job Posting Contact Email
Job Posting Number
Quicklink for Posting