Position Title: Laboratory Chemist Supervisor
This position includes the normal job duties of an analytical chemist and additional supervisory responsibilities. The position is responsible for supervising the Analytical Chemists in the laboratory and would report directly to the R&D Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Perform normal analytical duties.
- Manage equity of workload between chemists, assign workload as needed.
- Perform Performance appraisals.
- Check backlog report daily and make sure analyses get done on time. If there are issues report them to the R&D Director, and analysts.
- In the case of instrument failure, assist the person operating that equipment in the repair.
- Provide input on budgeting and equipment purchases.
- Along with pertinent chemist(s) research equipment from multiple vendors if an equipment purchase is going to be made.
- Work with the R&D Director to ensure we are complying with any pertinent regulations while still maintaining the best possible productivity in the laboratory.
- Promote a team environment.
- Develop and maintain a quality control program for certification maintenance.
- Perform support activities for R&D projects
- Other duties as assigned
Candidate must have prior experience supervising personnel in a laboratory environment proficient at analyzing wastewater samples in the O&G market. General knowledge of the processes in the laboratory is needed to effectively make decisions concerning scheduling and workload assignment. Effective communication skills, both oral and written are required. A bachelor degree in science related field, or commensurate experience is required.
The Chemist Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that all the work performed by the chemists in the laboratory is completed in a timely and accurate fashion.
Siemens - 2 years ago