120919BR Job Family Sales Job Category Full-Time Job Classification Experienced/Established Division Proprietary Pharmaceuticals Division Shift First Relocation Assistance None Overview
Abbott is a global, broad-based health care company devoted to the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of pharmaceuticals and medical products, including nutritionals, devices and diagnostics. The company employs approximately 91,000 people and markets its products in more than 130 countries. Job Description The Specialty Sales Representative will professionally and ethically create, maintain and expand sales in a designated territory assignment and provide continuing education and service to targeted physicians and key hospital accounts. Job requires managing a budget, calling on academic and community based hospitals.
- The Representative will develop and implement strategies in key accounts, provide presentations, and sponsor programs to expand the knowledge of health care professionals, and continually educate self on the latest information related to disease states, and the changing business environment.
- The Representative will make selling presentations to physicians and other health care professionals, primarily in an office based setting within an assigned geography.
- The Representative will be responsible for developing an understanding of the issues and opportunities unique to their territory, particularly in managed health care.
- The Representative will manage allocated resources (promotional and educational materials) to maximize return within regulatory and ethical guidelines.
- The Representative must utilize the sales automation system to document call and program activity.
- The Representative must complete initial and ongoing product and development training as required. Skills/Experience Requirements Basic Qualifications:
- Candidates with a minimum of 2 years Pharmaceutical sales or Candidates with a medical background e.g. Nurse, PA, or Pharmacists plus 1-year selling or applicable business experience.
- Proven self starters that exhibit a high level of drive, purpose and maturity.
- Previous experience working with urologists and/or gynecologists preferred.
Abbott Laboratories - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Filling baby bottles and treating disease... these are the habits of Abbott. Abbott Laboratories is a top health care products manufacturer....