This position will provide general project support for one or more managers, to include assistance with project tracking, cost analysis, project reporting, contract deliverables, and other project related tasks. Must be organized, creative, independent and self-motivated, enthusiastic, dependable, detail oriented as well as flexibility in scheduling and prioritization. Must be able to multi-task, and focus with composure, in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities. Have knowledge of construction workflow principles and be willing to quickly learn Bristol’s process of construction to make a measurable difference in the quality of work that we perform. This position exercises some judgment within defined procedures. Power User in Excel, proficient in Microsoft, Word and Outlook. Must possess basic accounting skills and have experience in a Project Management environment. Must be able to work as part of a project team as well as be an integral part of the company PA Team.
Duties may vary by project and location and may include the following:
• Create and process job set-up form
• Confirm P&P Bonds and Insurance Certs are received from Contract Administration
• Create initial budget from estimate working closely with Project Manager
• Prepare subcontractor bid and request for quote documentation as required
• Assist with preparation of cost to complete reports
• Assist Project Manager in identifying significant projected overruns or underruns
• Maintain and analyze project cost commitments and forecasts.
• Prepare subcontracts, service agreements, and purchase contracts for Project Manager to review.
• Prepare and process change orders working closely with the Project Manager.
• Maintain subcontract and purchase order logs
• Review and reconcile project issues at the request of the Project Manager.
• Track and process invoices including:
o Review subcontractor invoices for accuracy and compliance with subcontract terms
o Review earned to date and percent completes
o Code invoices
o Ensure all required documentation is received and current
o Communicate with subcontractors to revise invoices as required or escalate to the Project Manager if necessary
• Maintain contract and subcontract files.
• Create, submit, track and process Client invoices
• Track, audit and process certified payroll and ensure payroll reports meet compliance standards. Work with subcontractors to correct any issues
• Process and track client contracts and modifications
• Coordinate with client any site access requirements, ensure company and subcontractor compliance
• Process new hires, field and office, as per Bristol policies
• Perform required correspondence with owners, architects, subcontractors, superintendents, and project managers to insure compliance with contract documents and schedules.
• Assist with ongoing proposal efforts
• Other duties as assigned., which may include but is not limited to:
o Gather Daily reports and enter into reporting system for client review
o Prepare and submit safety exposure reports
o Assist Quality Control Managers in organizing, tracking, and expediting submittals, RFIs, and other project documents to facilitate the project schedule.
o Obtain closeout documents from subs and suppliers, compile them into the format required by the project specifications and submit the final closeout documents to clients.
o Project file and organization and documentation
o May also be required to perform Administrative Assistant and general clerical duties as needed to support the team.
High school diploma or College Degree preferred
5 Years of experience as a Project Administrator, Office Manager or Assistant Project Manager within the commercial construction industry, preferably in the Federal Contracting market.
• Excellent writing, verbal, interpersonal and negotiating skills.
• Creative thinker with strong problem solving capability
• Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to work independently.
• Possess exceptional computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel Word, Outlook, Project, Adobe Acrobat and accounting software.
• Ability to exercise sound professional judgment and maintain confidentiality on a wide variety of topics and issues requiring discretion.
Bristol Alliance of Companies - 2 years ago