Linux System Administrator for an eCommerce platform running Linux, Apache and high volume/critical production environments. This position will work closely with the technology team in California maintaining the infrastructure of the eCommerce farm as well as maintaining the infrastructure and server systems for a call center in the Las Vegas area.
Overall duties and responsibilities include:
Database Administrator duties and responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain IT documentation.
- Work with development and IT teams to maintain all operational systems.
- Knowledge in a number of scripting languages such as Perl, PHP, and Bash.
- Respond to trouble tickets in a timely manner.
- Being part of on-call rotation schedule.
- Document all work done through a Ticket System.
System Administrator duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintain and ensure availability of PostgreSQL and MySQL based server systems.
- Monitor and analyze database health and performance.
- Evaluate and plan out database maintenance and upgrades.
- Review SQL queries written by development to help improve performance.
- Deploy SQL updates to development, QA and production systems.
- Generate reports for use by Executive, Finance and Accounting departments.
- Database backup and recovery.
This position requires extensive Linux, SQL, scripting and network knowledge. A Bachelor’s or higher degree in a technical discipline is desired, but not required. You MUST have experience maintaining and performance-tuning Linux servers, as well as a solid understanding of Network Design, Security and IT best practices.
- Maintain and ensure availability of a Linux based e-Commerce server farm.
- Maintain Enterprise-wide monitoring systems.
- Maintain Production, QA and Development environments, as well as deploy new code to these environments.
- Write Perl, PHP, and/or Bash scripts for tasks such as automation, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Enterprise-wide VoIP system, ensuring High Availability.
- Troubleshoot in-house web applications, using a combination of Perl and PHP.
- Maintain backups.
- Ensure interrupted operations and High Availability on Asterisk based Call Centers.
- Maintain a network infrastructure consisting of Cisco, Juniper and HP systems.
- Maintain and troubleshoot desktop systems as required.
Technical certifications are desired but not required. You should be familiar with at least 2 different scripting languages.
This position may include occasional travel, as well as working some nights and weekends.
Specific skills and experience required include:
You MUST be self-motivated and able to get the job done with little supervision.
- Extensive Linux experience: Prior experience with Gentoo, Debian and RHEL is required. Previous experience in an e-Commerce environment is highly desired.
- SQL: Experience maintaining a PostgreSQL and MySQL database server and ability to write complex SQL queries for reports and troubleshooting issues is required. Experience with Slony and/or database replication is highly desired.
- Virtualization: You must be familiar with OpenVZ , Xen and VMWare Server.
- Scripting: PHP, Perl and Bash fluency is required. Experience with Lua is a plus. Experience writing Nagios and Asterisk AGI scripts are a plus.
- High Availability/Load Balancing: Experience with Corosync , Pacemaker, Heartbeat.
- Networking: You should be familiar with Network Design and Troubleshooting; UNIX routing experience is desirable. CCNA/JNCIA or higher are a plus.
- VPN: Experience with OpenVPN , IPsec, and GRE tunnels. Experience with pfSense is a plus.
- Routing: Knowledge of OSPF and EIGRP is a big plus.
- WAN Technologies: Metro Ethernet, MPLS
- Telephony: Some VoIP knowledge is preferred; experience with Asterisk is recommended but not required. Previous experience with ISDN, TDM bridges and VoIP HA is a very big plus.
- Hardware: Occasional hardware maintenance may be required; you must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
You MUST have experience working in a helpdesk environment.
The following qualities are a plus:
- Linux Certifications (RHCE, LPIC).
- Networking Certifications (CCNA or CCNP, JNCIA).
- Experience with JBOSS, Tomcat and other JAVA based applications.
- Experience with Nagios , Cacti, Munin and/or other monitoring and performance systems.
- Fluency in German and/or Russian.
FarHeap Solutions is a cutting edge solutions provider that is goal oriented, innovative, and particularly attuned to the special needs of...