Job Requisition Number: 68650
Primary Location: , VT, US
Security Clearance: Top Secret
Clearance Status: Must be Current
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel: Continental US
Percent of Travel Required: Up to 50%
CACI International Inc, is currently seeking an experienced OPM credentialed investigator to conduct background investigations on a full-time basis in support of our Office of Personnel Management (OPM) contract under the CACI Investigations Services Division.
***Please ONLY apply to this position IF you are a credentialed OPM Background Investigator**- OPM credentialed Investigators are eligible for a sign-on bonus!
Under limited direction, the incumbent conducts and reports record searchers and investigations. The work may require extensive travel on detail or itinerary and requires efficient planning of work and travel and the submission of timely and completed records for reimbursement and productivity evaluation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. As an experienced investigator, the incumbent assists in conducting background investigations, which provide comprehensive coverage of basic suitability, loyalty and security, for approximately fifty Government agencies having some of the nation's most sensitive missions. These investigations are increasingly tailored to obtain specific information needed by the employing agency to make enlightened selections and/or security clearance determinations.
2. Conducts investigations initiated to resolve questions of employment eligibility developed by National Agency Checks and Inquiries or arising from employment applications. Is normally assigned complex cases with involve prominent subjects or derogatory information of a highly sensitive nature.
3. May conduct special interviews designed to afford the subject of a suitability investigation full opportunity to explain or comment on derogatory or discrepant information. Skill, tact and discretion are necessary to assure protection of the subject's legal rights, while obtaining information needed to facilitate evaluation of the case. Interviews conducted involve cases in which the material facts are well documented and the purpose of the interview is to obtain the documentation and subject's comments. Receives extensive briefing and consults closely with supervisor on the formulation of special interview questions.
4. After receiving formal training on the subject, incumbent may investigate complaints of discrimination pertaining to Equal Employment Opportunity in the Federal Service. Normally, cases assigned do not involve complex issues or prominent individuals.
5. Occasionally conducts the less complex qualification investigations on candidates for top Federal administrative and executive positions. These cases must be completed on a high priority schedule and involve in-depth interviews with key executives at all levels of government, private industry, academia and the professions.
6. The incumbent conducts comprehensive interviews with employers, associates, references and other knowledgeable individuals and review appropriate records to obtain the facts needed to resolve all material issues in a case or to establish the background, reputation, character, suitability or qualifications of the subject under investigation. The investigator is responsible for determining the number and selection of witnesses and the approach and line of questioning for each. Incumbent explores the most significant or promising leads, notes all pertinent facts and records and under supervisory guidance, enlarges, extends, cancels, or discontinues investigations, consistent with policies, procedures and instructions contained in the Investigator's Handbook. Prepares clearly worded request for extensions of investigations containing relevant information the receiving investigator must have to conduct a competent investigation. Records and organizes information obtained and prepares grammatically correct and factual reports according to established format.
7. Incumbent must be able to plan and organize work, problem solve and communicate effectively orally and in writing on a professional level.
Must possess a favorable determination based on a Single Scoped Background Investigation from the Office of Personnel Management (OPM).
Requires current OPM credentials and 18 months of consecutive experience specializing in conducting background investigations on behalf of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM).
Must be able to work under minimal supervision utilizing a home-based office.
Must be willing and able to travel in support of assignments as required, and must have a current driver's license and reliable transportation.
Excellent time management skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Intermediate level laptop computer and typing skills
Ability to interact professionally with a wide variety of people in various settings
Possess a can do attitude and a sense of mission in support of national security initiatives
CACI International - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
CACI provides information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence,...