POLARIS Laboratories® is an ISO 17025:2005 A2LA accredited laboratory offering the highest quality testing for lubricants, fuels and coolants for maintenance and reliability purposes. By providing results in 24 hours, POLARIS Laboratories reduces maintenance costs, unscheduled downtime and helps prevent equipment failure. Through innovative technology tools like HORIZON® - online data management web application we are able to assist companies in the Transportation, Oil & Gas, Mining, Construction, Power Generation turn laboratory results into actionable maintenance decisions. POLARIS Laboratories operates seven laboratories in North and Central America and partners with laboratories worldwide to provide true global coverage for its customers.
POLARIS is currently seeking a mid-level Software Engineer to join our Indianapolis, IN location. This position is responsible for developing cost-effective solutions to resolve the needs of customers as well as enhance the productivity of departments within POLARIS Laboratories®. Passion for technology, a strong working knowledge of JAVA language frameworks such as Hibernate, Spring, and Maven, and an understanding of Linux/Unix operating systems are essential for this position.
- Develop, support, and enhance requested applications/features
- Develop, support, and enhance the Horizon application
- Assist with design and estimates of new features and patches
- Provide application infrastructure support
- Provide support on issues affecting supported applications
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop complex systems using JAVA based technologies
- Knowledge of Hibernate framework
- Linux Ubuntu (preferred)
- PostgreSQL (preferred)