Our Denver, CO terminal is seeking a Terminal Manager. The Terminal Manager will:
- Implement key company initiatives at the terminal.
- Assist Director of Operations in developing and implementing short and long range operational goals.
- Collaborate with corporate and other managers to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Perform activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking courier services.
- Maintain complete adherence to Chain of Custody (COC) by drivers. Regularly monitor COC procedures and audits in the field, ensuring that COC reports and audits are completed.
- Analyze operational or management reports to include OTP, driver turnover, open routes, and settlement.
- Manage and review route logistics, troubleshoot service problems, and implement schedule and route changes.
- Evaluate terminal for route efficiency.
- Ensure that policies and procedures as defined in the BeavEx Operations Manual and the Employee Handbook are consistently followed.
- Communicate regularly with customers to determine service levels and needs.
- Provide excellent customer service by responding proactively to investigate and resolve customer inquiries and/or complaints.
- Manage relationships with Vendor/IC’s to ensure terminals are prepared to meet all customer requirements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key contacts for each customer at local and regional level.
- Manage direct report(s): Set performance goals & initiatives, discipline as appropriate, plan and organize work assignments, perform training and staff development.
- Responsible for staffing within the terminal; coordinate with the Corporate Human Resources department and manager to recruit, screen, interview, hire, discharge, transfer, or promote employee(s).
- Other duties/tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree is required and/or equivalent experience
- 3-6 years management, customer service and/or dispatching experience, preferably in courier or transportation field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Internet, & routing software
- Interpersonal skills ;ability to foster teamwork and motivate/coach others
- Knowledge of local and regional geographical area
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language
- Accurately and quickly read maps
- Perform well and make optimum decisions under pressure and time constraints
- Handle occasional light and heavy lifting
- Use electronic mail, telephones, scanners, mobile phones, two way radios and other communication tools effectively on a daily basis.
- Demonstrate or explain use of equipment, technical devices, computer software
BeavEx is a drug free work place. Final candidate will be required to complete the pre-emnployment process including a background check and drug test.
BeavEx - 10 months ago
Established in 1989 in New Haven, CT, BeavEx began providing same day delivery services to an eleven branch bank located in Hamden, CT....