- This position supports the Wind portfolio to assure effective and reliable service from our power generation fleet.
- The Itinerant position mainly focuses on scheduled maintenances, major component repair and replacement, and special projects.
- At times the Wind Technician Itinerant may be called upon to support the operations of the site by performing electrical / electronic and mechanical troubleshooting as required.
- Responsible for maintaining all company supplied equipment, facilities and tooling.
- Position requires a highly motivated and self- directed individual with analytical and problem solving skills.
- The use of computer based applications is required.
- Must be able to climb freestanding wind turbine towers and work in a team environment. These towers can be of tubular and / or lattice construction and can be in excess of 200 feet from the ground.
- This position requires working outdoors in inclement weather, climbing ladders without assistance and limited supervision.
- Following appropriate company safety and environmental policies.
- Completing reports and paperwork as required.
- Must possess a strong mitigating mindset for safety and risk avoidance.
This position requires frequent and lengthy assignments away from their home site location in support of the fleet within the United States and possibly Canada.
A U.S. passport is required for traveling outside of the United States.
Typical work schedule is forty to sixty hours per week and must be willing and able to perform both call-out and extended hour overtime.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Technical / Functional Excellence: New/Learning;Effective Written Communications: Competent;Effective Verbal Communications: Competent;Safety Policy and Practice: Competent;
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Technical Associates / Bachelor's Degree in Power Generation / Renewables preferred or combination of education and power generation / industrial experience.
- Valid Driver's License is required.
NextEra Energy, Inc. - 30+ days ago