Under direct supervision operates a console to route inbound calls to the appropriate party. This involves handling a high volume of telephone calls and interacting with visitors and staff. Receives and relays messages. Greets all visitors and staff in a professional courteous manner. Under direct supervision, provides general administrative support to departments on a part-time basis. Receives and responds to routine correspondence following established procedures not requiring management review.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Answer all incoming calls utilizing phone console and route to appropriate individuals within three rings.
• Direct incoming telephone calls in an efficient manner to the appropriate individuals.
• Assist callers using professional telephone etiquette, credible and pleasant voice, and use correct grammatical construction and choice of words.
• Greet staff, customers, vendors and visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
• Use Visitor Management System to ensure proper visitor and security policies are followed.
• Provide administrative support for other departments from time to time as needed.
• Assist with ordering of office supplies, reconciliation of invoices and charge-back to departments.
• Manage entrance and exit to the facility ensuring the safety and confidentiality of our visitors and staff.
• Compiles and analyzes basic information for inclusion in reports or presentation material, prepares charts, graphs or table as necessary.
• Exercise independent judgment and employ basic reasoning skills.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent required.
One year experience with phone console, Receptionist/Customer Service experience in a fast paced environment.
Receptionist background and Administrative support.
Experience with Visitor Management System a plus.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
Excellent telephone answering skills utilizing pleasant, professional phone voice.
Strong communication skills and ability to multi-task.
Outgoing personality, highly organized, works well with others, friendly and dependable.
Professional appearance and presentation.
Strong Attention to detail.
Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
Basic clerical and administrative skills.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a team oriented environment.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
PC, printer, copiers and other miscellaneous office equipment. Phone console, ability to operate a multi-line telephone system with voice mail and route calls to the correct destination. Must be computer literate with a high comfort level with computers and computer programs (MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Internet).
Arthrex - 19 months ago