Growing from its beginnings in 1895, Gerrity's Supermarkets have come to serve many communities throughout Northeastern Pennsylvania. Gerrity's Supermarkets offer the finest in food products and services to our loyal and valued customers from our nine operating locations. Gerrity's stands today as one of the oldest and most well known and respected local businesses in the area. The Fasula family attributes their success to the hard work of those of the past, continuing contributions from current associates, and looks forward to its continuing future growth. In order to meet that objective, Gerrity's is now looking to add a Deli Clerk to its family of professionals.
The Deli Clerk is responsible for performing duties as directed by the Deli Manager and/or Assistant Deli Manager for the successful operation of the Deli Department. It is essential that as a Deli Clerk, you will present yourself in a professional and courteous manner at all times while performing your defined responsibilities. You are responsible for always maintaining our high standards of Customer Service. Other duties may be assigned as required, depending upon the available time, business volume and other criteria as determined by your appropriate supervisors and/or Gerrity’s Supermarkets. Full compliance with current and future policies will be required to ensure that your work contribution is in the best interest of Gerrity’s Supermarkets.
1. Greets and waits on customer and thanks customer upon their complete satisfaction;
2. Slices and weighs deli meats and cheeses to the satisfaction of the customer;
3. Maintains and stocks all designated department areas;
4. Cleans all department equipment periodically through out their shift and at close of business;
5. Always maintains cleanliness and sanitation throughout department areas;
6. Set up and tear down all required areas at designated times;
7. Be aware and communicate to customers all departmental or store promotions.
1. Will be present at your workstation at the start of your shift;
2. Comply fully with all safety policies and procedures;
3. Adhere to Customer Service Pledge at all times;
4. Maintain a neat, professional appearance at all times while working and strictly adhere to the Dress Code policy;
5. Attendance at your job is essential to the overall function of your department;
6. Will comply with all policies contained within the Employee Handbook;
7. All areas as designated within the Essential Functions of your job responsibilities.
Gerrity's Supermarkets - 23 months ago