1. Maintains CPR certificate and license requirements.
2. Fulfills staff meeting, inservice, competency and on-going education requirements.
3. Ensures safe and appropriate oxygen administrations through the Oxygen Therapist Driven Protocol.
4. Performs non-invasive SpO
monitoring through pulse oximetry via overnight studies, exercise, continuous and spot checks.
5. Administers all therapy modalities to patients per physician orders.
6. Performs VEST therapy.
7. Performs basic operations on the Meditech system.
8. Performs regular equipment rounds.
9. Performs equipment cleaning and set up.
10. Sets up and operates CPAP/Bi-Level therapy.
11. Performs arterial puncture and blood gas analysis.
12. Adheres to established blood gas quality control protocol.
13. Performs trouble-shooting and maintenance of Blood Gas Machine as a Super User.
14. Responds and participates in all code blue situations.
15. Sets up and monitors NIPPV (non-invasive positive pressure ventilation) through both Bi-Level and Volume ventilation.
16. Initiates, operates and monitors Adult mechanical ventilators.
17. Assists in bedside therapeutic bronchoscopies.
18. Performs diagnostic bronchoscopies.
19. Initiates, operates and monitors Nitric Oxide therapy.
20. Initiates, operates and monitors Heliox therapy.
21. Precepts new employees or staff members entering into a new area of training.
22. Performs bedside spirometry.
23. Performs Diagnostic Pulmonary Function studies.
24. Performs Metabolic testing for spontaneously breathing and artificially ventilated patients.
25. Performs intubations as needed as a member of the Code Blue team.
26. Administers all therapy modalities to NICU and/or PICU patients per physician orders.
27. Initiates, operates and monitors neonatal and/or pediatric ventilators.
28. Sets up and operates specialized neonatal/pediatric-monitoring equipment.
29. Transports infants and children. Takes NICU/PICU call as required/needed.
30. Assists with neonatal/pediatric deliveries & emergencies.
31. Performs neonatal/pediatric arterial and capillary punctures and blood gas analysis. Performs peripheral and umbilical arterial line draws.
32. Maintains NRP & PALS certificates.
Required: Graduate Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT)
Preferred: Graduate Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
Required: One year critical care experience.
Preferred: One year NICU/PICU experience. Knowledge and experience in basic floor care and mechanical ventilation, blood gas analysis, pulmonary function testing, bronchoscopy, capnography and oximetry equipment.
Required: Virginia Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner; Current CPR Certification
Preferred: Registry-eligible Respiratory Therapist; Registered Respiratory Therapist; NBRC Perinatal/Pediatric Specialty Exam passed; CPFT; NRP, PALS, or ACLS certificates
HCA Inc - 17 months ago