This position will be filled at UL's Fremont, CA office to support our growing Global Market Access Wireless group.
Other companies make products.
We make a difference.
Founded in 1894, UL is a premier safety company with more than a century of proven history, leading the world in enhancing safe living and working environments, facilitating global trade and serving as a trusted source of information and knowledge. We employ over 9,000 professionals who work in over 100 countries, and that number is growing.
UL's technical and subject-matter experts work within our five exciting businesses under one of the most recognized and respected safety brands in the world:
We are proud of our role in public safety and work hard each day to help the world move forward - one safe step at a time. Together, we CAN make a difference....so if you'd like to make a real impact, make us your first choice!
- Product Safety
Providing product safety testing and certification for global market access as well as inspection services to maintain certification.
- Verification Services
Offering quality assurance testing, inspections, audits and responsible sourcing services for a wide array of goods, including wireless protocol and digital security, performance testing and energy efficiency testing.
Delivering facilitated workshops and customized training solutions focused on workplace safety, personnel certification and advisory services.
- Life & Health
Providing innovative and trustworthy solutions, whether it be a test report, certification, or regulatory compliance package, to the drinking water, food safety, and medical device industries.
Offering independent assessment and certification, educational services and standards development focused on environmental claims validation, sustainable products certification, energy efficiency certification and advisory services.
Exciting opportunity with our Fremont, CA team!
Utilize your project handling skills! Manage execution and timely completion of engineering projects and also assist in development of UL requirements, test methods and test equipment. Read on …
If you have:
* An Associate's Degree in a related discipline from an accredited university
* Knowledge of Global Market Access requirements
* 4 years of experience
We would like to hear from you!
Join our Verification Services business and make a difference!
- Determines project scope, develops a preliminary plan of investigation, and determines project specifications such as cost, time, and sample requirements by analyzing client input, available supplemental data, and product construction. Projects may include travel to conduct or witness tests at client sites.
- Initiates communication with clients to promote and explain the benefits of new and existing services. Follows up on contacts from clients. Communicates with clients to discuss technical issues, explain UL procedures and requirements, convey project cost, and negotiate completion date and sample requirements. Acts to address client concerns and to resolve client issues. Provides technical assistance to clients in reference to product inspection and follow-up services.
- Establishes appropriate test programs by reviewing files and manufacturer's information, examining samples, and applying UL requirements. Is familiar with applicable standards, company manuals and appropriate technical literature. Examines samples for compliance with UL requirements and notifies client of any areas in which the product is not in compliance or of any changes in project scope or specifications.
- Coordinates laboratory activities by preparing data sheets and instructions to technicians, scheduling and reviewing work of laboratory technicians and engineering assistants, and establishing completion dates. Coordinates administrative aspects of project management. May serve as Project Handler of record and/or Reviewer of record as assigned.
- Communicates project status and results to clients through frequent contact and by preparing reports. Prepares Follow-Up Service Procedures and information pages.
- Integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
- Resolves engineering issues associated with Variation Notices by analyzing and reporting on the acceptability of the variations.
- Assists in the development of UL requirements. Assists in developing special test methods and test equipment. Analyzes test program for adequacy and sequence. May coordinate and/or perform File Reviews, as directed. May represent UL at industry related functions such as seminars and trade shows.
- Performs other duties as directed.
Four years directly related work experience required.
- Detailed knowledge of the technical vocabulary common to the appropriate discipline.
- Knowledge of laboratory testing apparatus and techniques as required by the position.
- Ability to apply project-handling concepts in use in area of expertise.
- Some University Education ( Associate's degree) in a related discipline.