The purpose of this job is to satisfy the customer by providing quality customer service through the processing of a variety of cash and non-cash transactions and to be responsible for the safekeeping of any cash or cash equivalent items in their possession. Trustmark offers a Teller Career Path program that creates promotional opportunities to include Teller II, Senior Teller, Head Teller I, Head Teller II, Teller Supervisor, etc.
**Applicants selected for Teller positions will be hired into either a Teller I, Teller II, or Senior Teller job title, based on years of experience.**
· Represent Trustmark professionally, efficiently, and tactfully in order to assure customer satisfaction when in contact with customers, either face-to-face or by telephone. Acknowledge and greet the customer with a smile and call the customer by name (at least twice) while processing deposits and withdrawals for transaction accounts. Always check for customers' additional needs and thank them as they leave.
· Continually safeguard the bank's assets and security of the working environment while processing transactions accurately, securing large dollars, and balancing the teller window daily. All work must be performed within bank guidelines, following bank policies, procedures, and standards of performance.
· Assist in the development of new business for the bank by identifying customer needs for additional products and services through referring customers to appropriate sales staff, and by completing documentation for all referrals.
· Process various other transactions including but not limited to night drops, ATM deposits, collection items, wire transfers, foreign currency, credit card transactions, loan payments, money orders, travelers' cheques and official checks.
· High school graduate or GED
· Previous work experience
· Six (6) months of customer service experience
· Balancing experience preferred
· Basic knowledge of math concepts and principles
· Detail oriented - must be able to process transactions accurately and efficiently
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Excellent customer service and sales skills
- Ability to meet and greet the public in a professional manner that reinforces TMK's service standards
- Ability to display professional appearance and mannerisms
- Ability to recognize customer needs and make appropriate referrals
- Ability to meet referral goals in a retail environment
· Basic computer skills
- Ability to meet minimum standards of Teller Assessment simulation
- Ability to learn internal technology systems to perform work tasks
· Ability to communicate effectively
· Ability to handle some daily lifting of boxed or bagged coins required (weight may vary)
Trustmark National Bank
- 2 years ago - save job