• preferred qualification, current Jacksonville Distribution associate
• preparing, cooking, and serving meals for Publix associates and
• assisting in other duties as assigned.
• be at least 18 years old
• be able to work nights
• be able to work weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time
• have knowledge of cooking principles
• have at least one year of cooking experience in an environment where a variety of entrees and methods are used (for example, a restaurant, Publix cafeteria, or culinary school)
• have ServSafe Certification or equivalent certification (within six months of his or her start date in the position)
• be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
• be able to read, write, and solve math problems
• successfully complete a Computation Test (before his or her start date in the position)
• be able to interpret, understand, and follow instructions
• be able to stand for long periods of time
• be able to bend, stoop, and twist
• have the ability to work well with others and be a team member
• show enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work and
• show commitment to Publix’s mission.
• current Jacksonville Distribution associate
• have more than one year of cooking experience in an environment where a variety of entrees and methods are used (for example, a restaurant, Publix cafeteria, or culinary school) and
• have ServSafe Certification or equivalent certification
Please be sure to monitor your email daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position.
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
• Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
• An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
• 401(k) retirement savings plan
• Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
• Group dental plan
• Group vision plan
• Sick pay
• Long-term disability insurance
• Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vacation pay
• Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
• Paycheck direct deposit
• Credit union
• Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
• 6 paid holidays (Associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval)
New Years Day
Fourth of July
Temperatures could range from 0 degrees to 85 degrees Fahrenheit; also includes working in a wet environment.
Year End Bonus
To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in December. In the first year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to 15 hours of pay, and in the second year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to one week’s pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to two weeks pay.
Publix - 19 months ago
Careers at Publix
If you think shopping at Publix is a pleasure, try working here!
It's very satisfying to work for – and to be...