The AV Support Specialist shall maintain all front end AV equipment, assist customers in scheduling and use of VTC assets, and provide Tier II IT support and troubleshooting to the customer base. He/she will shall support planning and operation of DoD enterprise technologies (e.g. Defense Connect Online, Tandberg, etc.) to improve mission support and to ensure that the client achieves maximum value from DoD enterprise solutions . In addition, the AV Specialist shall replace equipment in accordance with the Lifecyle Management Plan, or as directed by the Technical POC.
The Specialist will provide the following AV services:
- Digital video recording
- Video teleconferencing
- Knowledge walls
- Video text messaging and archiving
- Commercial television access (e.g., CSPN, CNN)
The Specialist will also provide the following technical services as required by the team:
- Document troubleshooting procedures and software changes
- Provides quick response to trouble calls
- Visits offices to perform secondary analysis of trouble calls
- Provides direct assistance to users
- Escalates to Tier 3 staff for more detailed troubleshooting when necessary
- Tracks the problem to completion.
- Supplies additional technical assistance to the Tier II support team as necessary
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance
- Experienced with VTC, specifically using Tandberg products
- Tier II System Administration background required
- Must be able to move computer equipment, disconnect cables, pack into boxes, unpack and setup computer equipment, and test for proper operation
- The Specialist will also work closely with the AV engineer located in Reston. Prefer this person to also have a systems administration background (Tier II) as they will be integrated with the IT support team at that location.
Varen Technologies - 14 months ago