We're looking for elite Sr. Systems Administrators with strong technical skills to run our ever-expanding production infrastructure. If you're goal-driven and a fan of "work smarter, not harder ", we'd love to hear from you.
- Configure and tune system and network parameters for optimum performance.
- Monitor system stability and performance.
- Help develop tools to build, maintain, and monitor systems.
- Ensure 24x7x365 operation.
- Rapidly scale systems to meet demand.
- Participate in architecture decisions.
- Write comprehensive documentation.
- 7-10 years as a Linux administrator.
- Most recently worked with RHEL/CentOS 5/6; must have solid knowledge of these environments, and be able to answer probing questions about them.
- Solid grasp of TCP/IP networking fundamentals.
- Solid working knowledge in the following areas MTA, web servers, load balancers, Veritas Cluster Server (VCS), Oracle RAC, storage (EMC, Brocade, NetApp), network and host security, sudo, monitoring/trending tools such as Zabbix/MON, and relevant protocols (LDAP, SMTP, HTTP, SSL, DNS, NFS).
- Kickstart server experience, Linux repository maintenance, and rpm package creation/manipulation a plus.
- Shell scripting a plus.
- Solaris and ZFS experience a plus
- Multiple years of experience in fast-paced high-availability production and non-production environments (e.g. ISPs, ASPs, SaaS, etc.) with an emphasis on remote "lights-out " management of systems. A sense of urgency (but not panic) is key.
- Excellent troubleshooting ability.
- Excellent verbal, written, and customer service skills.
- Team player with a drive to learn.
- Must be willing/able to pass a phone technical screening.