We ’re a stealth mode startup backed by Atlas Venture and Nextview Ventures. In less than six months, we plan to turn the mobile gaming economy on its head! Gamers will have a totally new kind of gameplay and developers will unlock new revenue streams that dwarf those coming from today ’s archaic banner ads. We ’ve made bold promises like this before, and we ’ve delivered: founding, building, and then selling AisleBuyer to Intuit Inc. We know how to build and scale disruptive technology companies and we want your help. |
About Lookout Gaming:
We are a team of smart individuals who come from companies like Google, Endeca and Kayak. Each day begins with at least one video game and each week finishes with a bucket of cold beers. In between, we ’re working tirelessly to build a truly novel and groundbreaking company. We are creators and builders with a “do whatever it takes ” mentality, and we ’re recruiting a core team who will constitute the foundation on which monumental success will be built.
Who we ’re looking for:
You°re excited to lead a team of developers to build out an amazing product for the video game industry. You take pride in doing things the “right ” way and you ’re willing to build and mentor a talented development team. You ’re excited to play a key role in product development and you ’re eager to work closely with both the product team and a beta-user community to make the product perfect. You love the idea of working at a startup because it means your fingerprints will be on everything we build.
Lookout Gaming is located in Kenmore Square. We°re a small team of a little over 10 people where you ’ll get startup equity and big company benefits. We ’re aggressively hiring so drop us a line!
- Proven success as an engineering manager (2+ years) with a track record of building quality product and high performing teams
- 5+ years of J2EE experience
- Strong leadership with ability to inspire and motivate engineers
- Experience with Grails and Groovy are a plus
- Experience in developing n-tier web applications with cutting edge Java technologies
- Experience building RESTful web services
- Proactive, great attention to detail, results-oriented problem solver, and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Experienced in delivering highly scalable consumer facing software, video games, software development kits or online services
- Previously shipped mobile titles on Android is a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with the Spring Portfolio including the Spring Framework and Spring MVC
- Experience in Agile development methodology such as Scrum and agile development tools such as Rallydev or Jira
- Strong Relational Database skills including design and optimization
Lookout Gaming - 19 months ago