Teledyne Technologies Incorporated provides sophisticated electronic subsystems and instrumentation, including aerospace and defense electronics, digital imaging products and software, monitoring instrumentation for marine and environmental applications, harsh environment interconnect products, and subsystems for satellite communications, as well as engineered systems for defense, space, environmental and nuclear applications.
We serve niche market segments where performance, precision and reliability are critical. Our customers include industrial manufacturers and energy, infrastructure and natural resources companies, as well as government agencies, airlines and aerospace contractors.
Our strategy continues to emphasize growth in our core markets of instrumentation, digital imaging, aerospace and defense electronics and engineered systems. Our core markets are characterized by high barriers to entry and include specialized products and services not likely to be commoditized. We aggressively pursue operational excellence to continually improve our margins and earnings. At Teledyne, operational excellence includes the rapid integration of the businesses we acquire.
The Senior Financial Accountant will be responsible for maintaining the General Ledger including the analysis of accounts to budgets and trends including balance sheet accounts such as accruals and reserves. Working with Management to develop billing methodologies and execute all inter and intra billings for Shared Services activities to TDY business units. Provides Senior Management with accurate and timely financial information for internal and external reporting needs. Assists in the creation of all Shared Services annual budgets and informing the TDY business units of their allocated Shared Services.
- A minimum of five years of experience working in a similar accounting position that resulted in the ability to perform moderately-complex tasks related to the financial accounting area. Such tasks would include detail account analysis, demonstration of a grasp of overall balance sheet and income statement reporting concepts and familiarity with maintaining and closing a general ledger. Experience with Gov’t Accounting Requirements and CASB Disclosures desirable.
- Preparation of Financial statements, supporting financial information, and management reporting
- Maintenance of the General Ledger system
- Budget development, forcasting and reporting
- Development of various shared sevices billings and monthly inter-company billing
- Maintain fixed assets
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully;
- Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Project Management – Communicates changes and progress.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Gives and welcomes feedback; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Requires the ability to plan short-term (six months or less) activities, anticipate changes to the plans, adjust the plans as needed, and actively communicate the changes to the necessary individuals.
- Requires the ability to analyze data; communicate financial information to non-financial individuals; and assists individuals in the collecting and interpretation of financial information.
- Minimum of five year experience utilizing personal computers with experience utilizing Microsoft applications with advanced excel skills such as advanced formulas and pivot tables.
- Work is typically sedentary and requires frequent reaching, fingering, grasping, talking, and hearing. Requires occasional standing and walking.
For U.S. employment opportunities, Teledyne Scientific & Imaging hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Teledyne Scientific & Imaging will require proof of work authorization. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. The work described in this position is ITAR controlled and requires a U.S. Person.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University/College with an emphasis in accounting.
- Experience working within a manufacturing company desired.
- Experience with Gov’t Accounting Requirements and CASB Disclosures is desirable.
Teledyne Technologies Incorporated - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard