With Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation in Bethel, Alaska, you’ll serve the over 50 rural communities in the Yukon Delta Region who come to us for care. You’ll grow your skills and expertise in a challenging environment, and experience a community environment within a community that will embrace you as one of their own.
Serving the people of Southwestern Alaska, the Yukon-Kuskokwim Hospital is a 50-bed general acute care medical facility. Fully accredited by JCAHO, services include adult med/surg, pediatrics, obstetrics, emergency room, as well as outpatient family medicine clinics, pharmacy, lab, and imaging.
Manages the Community Health Aide Training program including the Training Center located in Bethel, a staff of 8 to 10 people, and the student Health Aides while they are in session. Holds the additional title of “Instructor of Record” for the Training Center and serves as a member of and YKHC’s representative at the Academic Review and Review & Approval Sub-Committees of the AACHAPD Committee. Must maintain Alaska licensure and YKDRH medical privileges. In addition, the CHAT Coordinator spends a portion of her/his time as an instructor in classroom, laboratory, and clinical settings to assist Community Health Aide students in developing primary care and emergency knowledge and skills; follows statewide Community Health Aide Training Curriculum, Manual, and Standards; and travels to village clinics as needed to assess student progress.
- Nurse Practitioner; Physician Assistant; Physician (MD or DO)
- One year of management experience. Two years of recent positive family practice experience. Teacher training and experience desirable, but not required.
- NP/PA Certification; NP, PA, MD, DO
- Must have current licensure in State of Alaska
- National Certification required
- Must be fully credentialed at YKDRH and be a member of Medical Staff
- Must have a current DEA number
- Current BLS, recommend ACLS and PALS
- Satisfactory reference and criminal checks.
- Able to use computers for word processing, emailing, accessing stored files; ability to operate digital camera, projector, and other equipment as it becomes available, or ability and willingness to learn.
- Effective management and communication skills, cultural sensitivity, and ability to teach students in a supportive and respectful manner.
- Supervise a team of Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant and Community Health Aide “Basic Training Instructors numbering approximately eight with some additional shared responsibility managing the CHAT and CHAP Administrative Assistants, including the normal range of supervisory duties to schedule, advise, evaluate and manage on a daily basis.
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at: 1-800-478-8905.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- School loan repayment eligibility
- Tort Claims coverage
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
YKHC exercises Federal Law (PL 93-638), which allows American Indian/Alaska Native preference in hiring for all positions.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation - 19 months ago