The Windows Administrators role is to ensure the stable operation of all in-house Microsoft infrastructure. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, securing, updating and optimizing all hardware with the Windows O/S installed. The person will also analyze and resolve end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
- Manage servers, including, but not limited to, e-mail, print, database, Citrix, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and trouble shooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Conduct research on emerging products, technologies, services, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Evaluate current state of infrastructure and recommend modifications and implementation approaches of new technologies, whether for hardware or software, to Network Operations management.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology and three to four years' experience in IT or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. MCITP is desirable.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 operating systems and understanding of basic Microsoft networking.
- Experience and understanding of Microsoft Exchange and Outlook is required.
- Experience and understanding of Microsoft SQL is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of commonly used concepts, practicies, and procedures within the field.
- Operate with a customer service approach.
- Demonstrate sound troubleshooting methodology and problem solving.
- Demonstrate quality management in the performance of duties.
- Ablity to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team member as well as independently.
- Demonstrate appropriate time management and project planning skills.
- Seek self-development and learning opportunities.
- Effectively perform server and security audits.
Please forward resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
GCG , Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
GCG - 17 months ago