Product Marketing Manager – Enterprise Linux Platforms
SUSE, an Attachmate Group company
Location: Waltham, MA or Nuremberg, Germany
SUSE, the leading enterprise Linux distribution provider and now an operating division of The Attachmate Group, is seeking a talented product marketing manager to oversee the go-to- market strategy for its enterprise Linux products and services.
You will be a key individual contributor, responsible for the high level positioning and messaging of our enterprise Linux server operating systems. You will continually analyze market, technology, customer and competitive trends to determine optimal positioning, and create messaging and content that maximizes awareness, interest and consideration for your solutions. Among other things, you will develop marketing plans, market requirements documents, product and solution positioning, customer and partner value propositions, customer and partner-facing collateral and presentations, website content, campaign plans and competitive analyses.
You will be the key link between our internal product organization and SUSE's broader marketing organization. This role requires as much as 30% travel, including some international. We're looking for people who are smart, have no fear of challenges, and can get things done. You will work with a highly motivate cross-functional team, including representatives from product management, engineering, product marketing, field marketing and sales to drive success.
Qualifications and skills:
- Contributing to and developing top-level positioning and messaging
- Collaborating with field marketing organizations to design and execute lead generation campaigns
- Creating content, collateral and sales tools for awareness, demand generation and enablement activities
- Launching new products and services
- Conducting market research, and contributing to marketing requirements documents, strategic product planning, and annual planning processes
- Serving as SUSE's primary internal and external spokesperson, and presenting at industry conferences, trade shows, webinars, and internal briefings
- Serving as the primary product marketing contact for the sales organization for product, market and competitive information
- Participating in sales calls and other customer facing activities to help generate requirements for new products and features
- Working with product management teams to ensure sales and channel readiness for new releases
What does SUSE offer?
- Bachelor's Degree required. MBA from top school strongly preferred.
- Minimum of three years experience in product or solution marketing
- Previous experience working with enterprise software required. Experience with operating systems, infrastructure software and open source software strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Excellent presentation skills, including public speaking.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Self-management skills and self-starter attitude highly valued.
- Teamwork - the ability to work both within the product marketing team and across other marketing teams
- Matrix management - experience working with inter-departmental stakeholders to both plan and achieve objectives
- A dynamic team.
- The possibility to grow and expand your experience.
- A competitive remuneration package.
- Extensive training on the job.
- Professional Development: The ideal candidate commits to and follows through on a development plan that will build skills necessary to be recognized as an accomplished marketing professional . Potential growth paths are towards both marketing management and senior marketing/business development specialist roles .
Established in 1992, SUSE is the original provider of the enterprise Linux distribution and the most interoperable platform for mission-critical computing. With a portfolio centered around SUSE Linux Enterprise, we power thousands of organizations around the world across physical, virtual and cloud environments. Through our continued commitment to the highest quality Linux support and innovative products, SUSE grew more than threefold after it was acquired by Novell in 2004. Now operating as an independent business unit of The Attachmate Group , SUSE continues its unwavering focus on open source software development and the needs of its commercial partners and customers.