The Army Research Laboratory (ARL) is the Army's corporate basic and applied research laboratory. Our mission is to provide innovative science, technology, and analysis to enable full-spectrum of operations. ARL consists of the Army Research Office (ARO) and six Directorates-- Weapons and Materials, Sensors and Electron Devices, Human Research and Engineering, Computational and Information Sciences, Vehicle Technology, and Survivability and Lethality Analysis. The Army relies on this ARL Team for scientific discoveries, technologic advances, and analyses to provide warfighters with capabilities to succeed on the battlefield.
The appointment will depend on individual’s expertise and skill level and may include some of the following:
concept stage to TRL 4 level demonstrations
- Assist in all aspects of development of novel weapons systems from
Desired qualifications for the position are:
- Perform tasks to assist in conducting experiments in terminal ballistics
- Perform computational studies using or developing advanced computational tools associated with shock physics and material failure
- Develop a launch system/mechanism/algorithm for novel weapons concepts
- Develop software, perform experiments or conduct simulations associated with collective flight
Initial appointment is for up to one-year and may be renewed for a total of five years.
- M.S or PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or S ystems Engineering within the last 5 years with a GPA 3.2 or higher.
- 3 + years experience in Ballistics (Internal, External, or Terminal), missile systems, launch mechanisms, warheads, gun or launch system design, robotics.
- Security clearance, or no anticipated obstacles towards obtaining a security clearance.
Participant will receive a monthly stipend rate - based on level of education, training, and experience.
Moving, travel, and other costs reimbursed on case-by-case basis.
Participant must show proof of Health Insurance. Plans are available through ORAU.
Go to: www.orau.org/maryland to submit an online application.
Click here for more information
Oak Ridge Associated Universities - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -