The Amazon Supply team at Amazon is looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working, and creative Senior Vendor Manager who will be responsible for building and expanding the Lab & Scientific business within the Industrial & Scientific Supplies team. AmazonSupply (http://www.amazonsupply.com) is a new website dedicated to offering a broad selection of parts and supplies to business, industrial, scientific and commercial customers at competitive prices. The Lab & Scientific category includes a broad range of products used in research and development, academic research, life sciences, and healthcare environments.
This position offers an exciting introduction to an S&P 500 company and the opportunity to take a leadership role in building one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses. The Senior Vendor Manager works directly with multiple internal teams, vendors, partners and management. This position is responsible for growing the top and bottom lines of the product categories and for building vendor relationships, negotiating contracts and pricing, developing promotions, and monitoring and reacting to industry and competitive trends. This role is an ideal next step for a leader with solid experience who is looking to develop into the next stage of his/her career path.
The successful candidate must be highly organized and have extensive knowledge of MS Office (particularly Excel). This candidate should have experience in team-building and management, planning, forecasting, and a background in retail or e-commerce. They must be able to work in a highly demanding but collegial environment where teamwork is a must. The right candidate will be flexible, action and results oriented, and self-starting. They must also be decisive and able to move with speed to implement their own ideas.
The Senior Vendor Manager will own a critical piece of the AmazonSupply business, and drive ongoing success in a number of different market segments. The position requires an individual who can work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills. The candidate must also possess strong analytical acumen and be comfortable generating and evaluating various forecasts, metrics, and analyses. The candidate should be adept at problem-solving and managing multiple priorities effectively and efficiently. Communication skills (both oral and written) are also key.
The Senior Vendor Manager will be responsible for the following:
The successful Senior Vendor Manager is an effective communicator and problem-solver.
- Acting as the ‘business owner’ for his or her respective category, possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact the business. This entails owning forecasting, monitoring, and reporting on suppliers, along with responsibility for driving strategic projects to achieve business objectives
- Identifying, signing and on-boarding new vendors to sell directly with Amazon.com/Industrial and AmazonSupply.com
- Proactively and autonomously negotiating costs, promotional opportunities, and other business inputs
- Conducting pricing and ROI analysis and making recommendations for initiatives that optimize profit margin
- Helping with marketing and email efforts, scheduling product lists, analyzing site promotions’ performance and making recommendations on marketing plans
Our environment is very fast-paced, and requires someone who is highly enthusiastic, flexible, detail-oriented, analytical, and comfortable working with multiple teams and management.
Are you up for the challenge?
- 4-5 years of experience in online retailing, retail buying, retail category management, or merchandising, or one of the following;
- Bachelors degree in Business, Economics, Supply Chain, Engineering or Industrial Management
- Masters degree
- Masters Degree
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail
- Proven analytical skills and highly numerate
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- e-Commerce experience preferred
- Knowledge and/or previous experience within the Lab & Scientific distribution industry preferred
Amazon.com - 14 months ago
Amazon.com is an American international multibillion dollar electronic commerce company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington, United...