WebMD (NASDAQ: WMBD) is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine . The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
WebMD's Database Operation team is looking to add to its current talent with a self-motivated, experienced Database Administrator.
The role is responsible for managing all database instances, specifically Oracle and Oracle RAC, within the company. The position collaborates with various internal IT groups, as well as 3 rd party vendors, to troubleshoot and resolve problems. Day-to-day operational activities is entailed, including deployment, installation, upgrade/patch, configuration, break fix, space management, backup/recovery, performance tuning, capacity planning and architecture design. This position requires 24x7 support based on oncall rotation.
- Profound knowledge of relational database engine and thorough understanding of Oracle’s internal architecture
- Strong interpersonal skills, must be a team player, detail oriented and customer service driven
- Capable of working independently, with limited supervision, be able to demonstrate prioritizing skills
- Be able to lead projects and coach junior members
- 10 years hands on experience in Oracle database management, at least 4 years of which have managed RAC
- Need to understand and have experience on full life cycle of managing Oracle
- Hands on experience with Oracle high availability technologies, including data guard, streams and advanced replication
- Solid understanding of backup and recovery strategies and be proficient in using RMAN.
- Excellent documentation skills and communication skills.
- Comfortable with at least one shell scripting language is a must
- Experience of managing SQL Server database is a big plus
- Have previous exposure to Vertica is desired
- Willingness of acquiring new knowledge, especially have a desire to expand to manage database products from other vendors, besides Oracle
House calls are a browser click away thanks to this online doctor. WebMD Health Corp. is a leading Web publisher of health information for...