The Inpatient TOSH unit is the unit for patients that have had surgery in the operating rooms at TOSH (The Orthopedic Specialty Hospital) which is located on the south east side of the TOSH campus. Most of the patients on our unit have had knee, hip, back or shoulder surgery with occasional wrist, ankle and other orthopedic procedures. Currently there are nine operating rooms at TOSH .
The Patient Care Assistant is a vital part of the patient care team providing care and comfort to patients and families under the direction of the nursing staff. In this position you will be able to utilize and develop your clinical skills to ensure a positive patient experience.
1. Prioritizes and delivers basic patient care which may include toileting, bathing, linen and clothing changes, fresh water and ice, ambulating, comfort measures, and other patient needs.
2. Assists with admission, discharge, and transfer of patients.
3. Provides excellent customer service when responding to patient/family requests.
4. Reports and records patient care findings and data in a timely manner. Reports changes in the patient condition quickly, and secures qualified assistance as needed.
1. Collaborates and consults with RN and other members of the interdisciplinary team for best patient care.
2. Demonstrate effective teamwork, prioritization, communication, and organization.
3. Performs non-nursing duties as delegated, i.e.: cleaning, stocking, answering phones, clerical support, providing directions, etc.
4. Implements plan of care as delegated.
5. Performs assigned duties within scope of practice and performs specialized procedures with skill validation and according to regulatory standards. Fosters a safe environment by complying with the safety policy and taking appropriate action in an emergency.
Entry Rate: $9.91
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Shift Details: This is a Part time, Night shift position which required rotating weekends.
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) Certification OR current enrollment in an accredited nursing school with successful completion of first clinical rotation
- This position requires verifiable current Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR certification. An original card must be verified prior to start date or the job offer will be withdrawn. For additional information regarding CPR requirements please visit our Job Requirements Page .
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to regularly lift 50 pounds unassisted, be on your feet for entire shift including walking, pulling, pushing, twisting.
- Must be able to transfer and position patients independently and safely
- Six months previous C.N.A experience
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 10 months ago
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty clini...