Linux Systems Administrator (Job Number: 321865)
The Integrated Systems Business Unit of SAIC has a career opportunity for a Linux Systems Administrator located in Columbia, MD.
The Integrated Systems Business Unit of SAIC has a career opportunity for a Linux Systems Administrator located in Columbia, MD. The Linux Systems Administrator will be part of an effort that ensures life cycle support to analytic software applications and database. This includes daily maintenance, software upgrades to address configuration changes, sustaining product viability, reducing total ownership costs, and providing emergency or crisis capabilities.
- Perform Linux administration tasks (crons, server monitoring, script, etc).
- Deploy, maintain, and tune applications.
- Set up Apache load balancing across servers.
- Profile and performance tune Tomcat servers.
- Set up automated failover and Tomcat server restart.
- Assist with setting up and optimizing databases.
- Troubleshoot production issues and providing on call support.
- Plan and manage good DNS names with certificates for applications and services.
- This position requires an active Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph Clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field with 5+ years of related experience.
- Administering WWW Servers such as Apache experience.
- Administering Application Servers such as JBoss, Tomcat experience.
- TCP/IP, NFS, FTP, DNS, SNMP, OpenLDAP experience.
- Monitoring solutions such as Nagios, Cacti, Smokeping, OpenNMS experience.
- Administering version control system such as SVN experience.
- Familiarity with system logging such as Syslog-ng, SEC.
- Interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to work independently – must be a self-starter.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of Java SE 5+, Java EE (Servlets, JSP), REST/Web architecture.
- Database management: MySQL experience.
- Network security experience.
- SSL & SSH experience.
- Access and authorization experience.
- PKI, chain trusting, Central Authentication System experience.
- Threat model development experience.
- Vulnerability assessments experience.
- HTTP specification (methods, headers, response codes) experience.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Feb 11, 2013, 3:43:31 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-COLUMBIA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...