Clark College is currently accepting applications for a tenure-track Psychology Instructor to provide instruction in 100- and 200- level courses. Start date is September 2013.
Teaching duties include General Psychology and Lifespan Psychology courses.
General Faculty Responsibilities
- Instruct classes utilizing techniques and knowledge of the discipline that facilitate student learning.
- Advise and assist students in educational and career development.
- Participate in decision-making processes by taking part in department and college committees.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, businesses, advisory committees, and other educational partners.
- Pursue professional development.
- Strive to enhance teaching and learning techniques.
- Master’s degree in Psychology or related field.
- One year of full-time OR two years of part-time experience teaching college level psychology, including introductory psychology and lifespan human development. Applicants qualified to teach in a second field are encouraged to apply.
- Doctorate degree.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of the community college.
- Demonstrated commitment to student learning.
- Experience using a variety of teaching and assessment techniques - including the use of technology - that enhance student success.
- Willingness to participate in a variety of departmental and campus activities.
- Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and economically diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge and/or experience with curriculum and teaching strategies to meet the needs of diverse student populations.
- Willingness to take a leadership role in areas of educational and professional expertise .
- Ability to work well as a member of a team.
Starting salary is $46,796 (non-negotiable). Faculty may be eligible to advance every other year; current top step is $67,755. Salary is for a 173-day contract; additional compensation is available for summer and moonlight teaching, and doctoral and vocational stipends.
Required Online Application Materials:
- Clark College Online Application
- Letter of application describing background and experience related to qualifications and responsibilities of the position
- Current résumé
- Unofficial copy of all transcripts/certifications uploaded with online application or delivered to the Human Resources office.
- Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online application
Please apply online by clicking the "Apply" link above.
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105
Required application materials must be completed and submitted online by 3 p.m., March 4, 2013.
Condition of employment:
Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment. Completion of academic degrees will also be verified through receipt of official transcripts.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, creed, disabled veteran status, marital status or Vietnam-era veteran status in its programs and activities. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Special Advisor for Diversity and Equity, Gaiser Hall, (360)992-2355.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133.
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES:
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
January 28, 2013
The Clark College Bookstore focuses on excellent customer service. In addition to the specific qualifications, we are looking for employees...