This is a full-time exempt position reporting to the Executive Assistant to the President. The Administrative Manager provides essential and confidential administrative support to the President and her Executive Assistant, and assists in managing the schedule, correspondence, travel, and hosted events of the President. She/he interacts regularly with a diverse array of constituents including vice presidents, donors, trustees, faculty, students, alumnae and various external audiences. Applicant must work effectively in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Manages the President’s and Executive Assistant’s calendars to maximize their time and work for the leadership of the vision and mission of the University
- Coordinate travel for the President and office staff
- Provide accurate, timely and effective clerical support
- Coordinate and manage all meetings and social events hosted by the President on-and-off campus, including occasional evening and weekend events
- Manage telephone and e-mail and proofread correspondence
- Reconcile the office budget and numerous expense accounts
- Organize and manage office and Board archival files
- Manage the electronic Board of Trustees web portal
- Maintain the website for the Office of the President
- Supervise student workers
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with University offices and especially other support and program staff in the Vice President’s offices, Development, Alumnae Relations and Marketing Communications departments.
Special/Other Requirements Summary
- Bachelor’s degree required; 4- 6 years of fulltime administrative assistant experience
- Capable of exercising a high degree of independent judgment and prioritizing work accordingly
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in confidential manner.
- Ability to manage a wide array of tasks and projects and operate under tight timelines
- Expert use of Microsoft Office software, including PowerPoint
- Comfort with supporting office management activities, meeting and event planning, problem solving and confidential matters
- Excellent organizational, writing, proofreading, and oral communication skills
- Willingness to work as a team player and take initiative
- Previous higher education experience preferred
- The incumbent must have the ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities.
To apply: Please go to the St. Catherine University Employment Site to apply for this position. That website link is: http://www.stkate.edu/hr Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Review of applications will begin November 30, 2012.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO /AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer
Our University is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org
Posting Detail Information
Posting Start Date
St. Catherine University - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
A social learning network of communities and experts to help you get ahead in education so you can get ahead in life!