This person will be responsible for identifying, evaluating and managing new business opportunities for Xfinity.com, Comcast.net, and XfinityTV. This position will act as a resource and partner with the CIM product and technology organizations to facilitate new ventures including but not limited to potential strategic partnerships, commercial opportunities (ecommerce, search) and third party product and technology applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
Key Characteristics of the ideal candidate
- Initiates, develops, drives and supports key internal and external relationships necessary to achieve CIM metrics.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with peers, staff and senior leadership across CIM in order to educate and advocate the goals, interests, and business development opportunities of CIM and its partners.
- Manages high level strategic analysis of channels and key partnerships to identify revenue, distribution, and cost reduction opportunities.
- Leads the development of strategies and business models relative to the acquisition of technology products and services.
- Leads the development and presentation of conceptual and detailed partnership proposals and summaries, for the most complex deals, for various internal and external stakeholders, including executive approval.
- Independently structures and negotiates the most complex client deals from inception through deal closure, and effectively manages multiple ongoing key relationships.
- Leads the development and implantation of business development programs through in-depth research, partner contact, and complex strategic analysis.
Minimum requirements for the job
- Strategic thinker and creative problem solver
- Understanding of product development concepts and terms
- Strong business acumen
- Technical savvy
- 8+ years experience in a business development, strategy, contracts, product development role within the new media or technology industry
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, Master’s Degree preferred
- Knowledge of Web technologies is required
- Self-starter with strong financial analysis, modeling, and business skills
Digital Media Jobs Blog - 2 years ago
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online...