Sr Finance Business Analyst - Oracle
Job ID #: 22163
Company : Expedia, Inc.
Location : USA - WA - Bellevue
Functional Area : Accounting
Employment Type : Full-Time Regular
Education Required : Bachelors
Experience Required : 5-7 Years
Relocation Provided : No
The Sr. Finance Business Analyst II supports Expedia's implementation of Oracle OTC and related scope across the Company's strategic initiatives. This position will collaborate with Finance, Accounting and Technology owners and stakeholders to manage project scope, deliverables, timelines, dependencies and issues, ensuring requirements are met, and stakeholders are kept fully informed of progress, escalations and decisions. This includes gaining alignment on scope, system and process designs, execution of changes and testing required to successfully deploy projects. This position will also help drive accounting/finance requirements and provide Oracle design/configuration and decision support to internal customers and partners.
Responsibilities may include:
- Author, review and/or ensure stakeholder signoffs of key project deliverables (Business requirements docs, process flows, mapping documents, etc)
- Partner with Finance/Accounting Ops owners and Technology project management to leverage project plans to guide stakeholders and drive milestones, deliverables, ownership and execution.
- Act as Revenue Accounting/Ops lead for project life-cycle planning to determine project scope, scheduling, risks and issues, and potential contingency plans.
- Manage day-to-day project details, including coordinating engagement and deliverables with project team members;
- Manage project plans, schedules, deliverables, action items, milestones, task assignments, scope, and risks;
- Drive innovative and creative approaches to problem solving, resulting in quality deliverables which support overall departmental and corporate business strategy and keep projects/deliverables aligned with project timelines
- Lead project kick-offs and facilitate ongoing meetings with project team members and appropriate stakeholders which result in statusing/notes, problem resolution, decisions, etc;
- Coordinate and/or perform Testing: UAT/Conf Room Pilot/use cases, entrance/exit criteria
- Meet or exceed deadlines and requirements for project deliverables. Produces and revises these deliverables independently;
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting;
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant Finance or Accounting experience in a technology or travel-related organization;
- Experience implementing or extensive work with Oracle EBS (eBusiness Suite) required (preferably version R12), including 2 or more of the following modules/subject areas: GL, AR/OM/OTC, AP, Channel Revenue Mgmt, Mgmt Reporting
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills, coupled with a self-motivated and flexible personality and a drive to deliver results in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Exemplary and demonstrated communication and presentation skills, including the ability to persuade and create action.
- Proficient knowledge of revenue accounting, operations, assurance and payment processing preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate highly complex concepts and ideas in a clear and concise way, both in written and verbal forms. This position must be able to effectively liaison between Accounting/Finance and Technology at all levels of the organization.
- Working knowledge of software development processes with a focus on eCommerce preferred.
- Proficient with all applications of the Microsoft Office suite, including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, and Outlook.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit http://bit.ly/expediabrands to learn more about our travel brands.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Expedia - 23 months ago
As citizens of Expedia we don’t have a national anthem or a native dish (okay, maybe beer and late-night sliders), but we do have a...