Reporting to the Guest Experience Assistant Managers, this position is responsible for the day to day operation of the California Academy of Sciences entryway, theaters, Guest Experience, and exhibits. As assigned by the on-duty Assistant Manager, the Guest Experience Associate will respond to constantly changing operational needs by providing excellent customer service in select areas of Guest Experience. While this position requires evening and full weekend availability , the work schedule is on an as-needed basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Staffing areas and duties include, but are not limited to: Guest Experience (hosts, group entry facilitation, coat check, audio tours) show control (Planetarium and 3D Theater), and exhibit facilitation (Rainforest and Living Roof).
- As assigned, staff will assist in special event after-hours operation in the aforementioned areas. During these events they will be under the direct supervision of the Special Events Coordinator.
- Visitor Information - daily programs, exhibits, suggested museum itineraries, and San Francisco attractions.
- Access Control System - electronic scanners, manual ticketing, and exhibit access control
- Facilitate traffic flow in and out of the museum, exhibits, and theaters
- Constant interaction with our guests to ensure an excellent experience which exceeds their expectations
- Provide necessary support to the Admissions Assistant Manager as needed to ensure smooth operation of the department, including light office work and visitor registration
- Follow all Academy safety regulations
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Prior experience in a fast paced, high pressure customer-facing environment
- Cash handling experience a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings, and holidays, the California Academy of Sciences is open to the public 363 days a year.
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Honesty and reliability required
- Ability to accurately process cash transactions
- Able to work independently and show initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work in a busy, fast paced environment
- Ability to be courteous with the public, including children, for extended periods of time
- Typing skills a must
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups or individuals. Foreign language skills highly desirable.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, and reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. Must be able to perform repetitive motions 75%of the time. Must be able to lift 25lbs. Job requires standing 100% of the time and sometimes working in dark, humid confined places. Mobility, endurance and visual acuity to ascend 35 steps on a 30-degree slope, occasionally in the dark. Job requires working in an environment with close contact to diverse wildlife, in contained and uncontained display and interactive environments, including but not limited to snakes, spiders, insects, etc.
Please submit your cover letter and resume online at http://calacademy.snaphire.com. Note that the recruitment timeline for positions vary and depend on many factors, so it is impossible to accurately predict when a position will close. We appreciate your patience during this process. No phone calls please.
The California Academy of Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from individuals who will contribute to its diversity.
The California Academy of Sciences is s a non-smoking facility. Smoking is also prohibited in Golden Gate Park.
California Academy of Sciences - 15 months ago