Primary Job Functions Customer Service
- Provide customers with highest level of customer service, emphasizing courteous and knowledgeable assistance to each and every customer.
- Demonstrate the ability to listen to and solve customer issues.
- Understand and be knowledgeable of how to handle customer complaints.
- Be familiar with Company Customer Service policies.
- Answer department phones courteously within three rings.
- Address asset protection issues that may occur in the department in a manner that there is neither a loss to the company nor an uncontrollable situation with the customer.
- Accountable for increasing sales, units per transaction and transactions size in the department(s).
- Sell merchandise at company established prices and ensure discrepancies are addressed and authorized accordingly.
- Be familiar with hunting accessories and outdoor product and suggestive sell these essential items.
- Possess hunting and outdoor product knowledge and be familiar with the product knowledge materials and vendor product lines.
- Be knowledgeable of merchandise on the floor as well as in the backroom, including verification of the current selling price.
- Keep current on all new product information.
- Be familiar with the daily advertising and promotions to accurately inform the customer.
- Communicate to store management any missed opportunities in sales due to product.
- Act as liaison between store and hunting/outdoor buying team.
- Understand Learning Management System (LMS) training requirements and participate in LMS courses.
- Understand and comply with Customer Service Survey Standards
- Understand and comply with Stop, Serve and Sell training.
- Facilitate product training for associates in the department and conduct in-store product training meetings.
- Ensure compliance and execution of company customer service and sales training programs.
- Monitor, assist and develop associates in sales training and selling techniques.
- Attend vendor clinics for products related to the department(s).
- Ensure all Policies & Procedures (P&P’s) are followed in the department.
Floor Stock and Display
- Responsible for light recovery of department during light customer traffic periods.
- Responsible for ad sets.
- Communicate any merchandise processing issues to Department Manager.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned or developed.
Prerequisite skills/experience for position
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- 1-5 years experience in a retail environment or equivalent relevant experience.
- Strong selling skills, including multiple sales, trading up and other selling techniques.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to interact comfortably and enthusiastically with customers and other associates.
- Ability/flexibility to work any store open hours.
- Extensive knowledge of hunting and outdoor vendors and products being sold in the department.
- Considerable sports knowledge and knowledge of the local competitive environment preferred.
- Understand and facilitate Policies & Procedures (P&P’s) and Audit Procedures, the BATF as well as State regulations and guidelines.
Sports Authority - 16 months ago