Cerner is the leading U.S. supplier of healthcare information technology solutions that optimize clinical and financial outcomes. Around the world, health organizations ranging from single-doctor practices to entire countries turn to Cerner (NASDAQ: CERN) for our powerful yet intuitive solutions. Cerner offers clients a dedicated focus on healthcare, an end-to-end solution and service portfolio, and proven market leadership.
CernerWorks is an ISO 9001:2008 certified organization and is one of the fast growing segments of Cerner's business. CernerWorks' primary function is to host, manage, and monitor client systems. CernerWorks provides disaster recovery and temporary hosting services for Cerner clients. CernerWorks offers a remote hosting option (RHO) that provides superior performance, security, reliability, and scalability with a lower upfront financial commitment from the client by combining hardware, networking technologies, and technical expertise. It allows healthcare organizations to leverage the most sophisticated and powerful IT solutions available today from our state-of-the-art data centers.
As a Database Administrator you will assist in the support of Oracle 10g, 11g, and 12c Databases on LINUX, AIX, and HPUX platforms. This role is responsible for providing database support, performance tuning, and technology upgrades on Oracle 10g, 11g, and 12c in both an online-transactional and online-analytical processing environment. This team will require you to manage the stability and uptime of client databases in relation to service-level agreements in place. A core function of this role is to troubleshoot and research issues related to database performance, query performance, space management, and other technical issues, which may require working with Oracle Support. You will have the opportunity to work on projects to improve automation, operation stability, and performance by researching new features and functionality with each Oracle release. The DBA will be responsible for ensuring database configurations, processes, and jobs comply with published standards and policies. Communication will be a key component as you will be interacting with internal/external individuals at various levels concerning technical and non-technical issues related to Cerner's database infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Strong problem solving skills
- 4 years minimum experience as an Oracle DBA
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Good communication skills; written and verbal
- Prolonged use of a computer and phone
- Ability to work overtime and irregular hours when needed
- Ability to participate in on call rotations
- Ability to learn and apply new technical skills and concepts quickly
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work on projects in a community environment
- Oracle Certified Professional
- Oracle 10g, 11g, and 12c experience
- Cost (CBO) and Rule (RBO) Base Optimization experience
- RAC & CRS experienced
- OEM & AWR experience
- 1 + years of SQL coding experience
- Experience with MS SQLSERV
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with IBM DB2
Cerner Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Health care is too important to stay the same!
We invite you to join us in our quest to make health care become all it should be. Since...